• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Does anyone know how to take these off?

IISPEEDYII

So we just bought an fj and it came with these aftermarket wheels, don't worry, they will be gone soon. But idk how to get them off.... We took it to the dealer to get inspected last night and they didn't have anything to take them off either....

IISPEEDYII

0d7608ac377f1c75ec6f553422ab89e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Humvdood

Craftsman and husky make these sockets that fit several different types of bolts and they're made of thin, hardened steel.
I've used them to get wheel locks off but not in that skinny of a lug hole.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about - I can't find the deep sockets but I know they always have them at sears on the black friday thing for pretty cheap.
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10155_12602_00924959000P

Pappibri

Go to discount or belle tire. They have a bunch of different types in case someone brings their car and don't have theirs. It's worth a shot if you have one close by

Just take your impact socket to a grinder and thin the wall. I have a few like that for various wheels. On my 03 SVT cobra aftermarket wheels I grind down and then wrap in electrical tape to prevent damage to the chrome finish.

derian06

Red Rockett
Just take your impact socket to a grinder and thin the wall. I have a few like that for various wheels. On my 03 SVT cobra aftermarket wheels I grind down and then wrap in electrical tape to prevent damage to the chrome finish.

I should have done that, I scratched the **** out of the lug holes on my new rims.