• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4O SoCal Events - Mark Your Calendar

Where should we have the SoCal Meet-N-Greet on November 19th?

• Lucielle's - Lake Forest

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Dave & Busters - Irvine (Irvine Spectrum)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yard House - Irvine (Irvine Spectrum)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • BJs - Laguna Hills

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cbetts

NERD!!!
Zach and I met and are planning some events for the rest of the year. Here is what we have so far:

November 19th - Meet-N-Greet in Mission Veijo. This looks like a good in between location so our San Diego brethren can attend. We are hoping someone has a good location in mind.

November 25th - Cleghorn/2N17X - Many of us have black Friday off so Zach and I thought it would be a great escape to get away from all the mad shoppers. We are flexible on the date and invite input from the members.

December 10th
- Anza Borrego - We are looking for volunteers for leading on this run. I have only done Canyon Sin Nombre and parts of Fish Creek Canyon along with playing around the new 4x4 obstacle area.

Please provide some input. We want to make sure that everyone gets to do the events they want.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I wanna do a black friday run! I hate working retail...only if they would give me the damn day off....

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I don't think Chris had any damage in Last Chance Canyon? :mock:

However, I lost a sway bar linkage, dented the plastic in my rear fender and bent the bottom of my door opening it into a rock (I still need to post carnage pics). :wink: Although Tustin ex-Hummer replaced the sway bar linkage and my damaged rear leaf spring under warranty. I'm pretty sure that happened at Wal-Mart, this ped x-ing sign jumped out and attached my truck! :whaa:

I'm a probable for Black Friday. Would I need rock rings for Cleghorn ? I'd like to test the new wheels and tires, but my rock rings are at least a month away.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I'm a probable for Black Friday. Would I need rock rings for Cleghorn ? I'd like to test the new wheels and tires, but my rock rings are at least a month away.

There aren't too many rocks at Cleghorn, a lot of hills and dirt. Would be a good place to test the new tires :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Seems like when Chris doesn't run with us he tears things up :shame:

I know. It must have something to do with H4O having a calming effect on me. Without you guys I have blown up the diff, halfshaft, tie rod, dented two door, 2 fenders multiple times and lost a grille. Somehow all of that was without H4O being present.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Sweet! I start getting them mounted. :)

[video=youtube;K-FEkBcepII]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-FEkBcepII&feature=related[/video]

Is this how you will mount them? the people in other videos like this have said "dont try this at home" I was thinking we can just mount them at zachs :wink:

Kurt

I was hoping to do Anza Borrego on MLK day weekend Jan 14th-16th. [I got a holiday then], that being said, would be it be a weekend trip? It's a bit of a drive combined with it being a big area to explore, it would be a bit rushed to try to do all of that in one day... but I'm up for doing it twice even :)

I'm out to Vegas for Thanksgiving so I'll have to dodge that run. Everything else sounds fine...

LagunaH1

What makes for a good meet-n-greet location? Close to major streets and a decent sized parking lot I suppose?

Lots of places near Crown Valley Parkway in Mission Viejo. The Shops at Mission Viejo has a huge parking lot and tons of restaurants and shopping and is right off the 5

Last edited:

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Is this how you will mount them? the people in other videos like this have said "dont try this at home" I was thinking we can just mount them at zachs :wink:

That's a funny video!

Fortunately, with beadlocks you don't have to do that. You slide the back part of the rim into the tire, wrestle the rubber cylinder into the center and them bolt the front ring on. No reseating beads required.

Will they mount Hutchinson's at Zach’s work? Most tire stores refuse to mount beadlocks. I even asked 4 Wheel Parts once and they said they wouldn't touch them. I'd like to do them myself, but I'm short on time, so I'll pay to have it done. Fortunately, the City Wide Auto that I go to next to my work has agreed to do them and then I can walk to work. The logistics are good for me.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
hopefully you find someone. I remember Mudbug was going to get beadlocks but ended up not getting them because 4WP refused to mount

WarMongur

Tons??? Hmmm not sure about that .. Cheesecake Factory and Ruby's or Islands and Buffalo Wild Wings? LOL

I say THE RANCH sport bar .... Antonio & Crown Valley :)

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
4WP mounted my Kevlar MTrs on my Hutchinson wheels for the H3. Todd at the Temecula store took care of it. I also had one replaced under warranty at their Dallas store and they mounted it with no issues. It seems to depend on the store. hard to believe that a 4 wheel parts and tire store wouldn't mount tires on wheels with beadlocks.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
This is close to Mission Veijo although I can't attest to the quality of their services, 24356 Swartz Drive, Lake Forest, CA. :link:

Anybody up for a pre-run?