• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Need Help with seat heaters and front diff crossmember suport bushing, 2005 H2 SUT..

Big2dabank

Its been a while since I needed any help, but I am hoping these are quick fixes.

First issue, is that my front diff cross member support bushing is started to tear and become loose every few thousand miles. I went to a parts supplier and then to the dealer and was told this is a complete assembly and the entire cross member needs to be replaced, $300 part. So I thought there is got to be a much better way to do this, an I remembered Bebe's crossmember support mod and was wondering if something similar would work on the H2? I search for Bebe's mod, but was wondering if anyone had any ideas or dealth with this issue.

Second issue, is the seat heaters are flaking out, I know, I live in Florida, but I am headng to the mountains near Gatlinburg, TN in November and I woul dlike to have the seat heaters working. When I hit the button, I hear a click under the seat and the lights for the seat heater lights flashes and goes off, both driver and passenger side seats do the same thing. Sounds like a ground fault to me, but I am not sure where to start and if anyone has tackled this issue before, I open to suggestions.

Thanks for any input you guys can share. I'll post any findings I have in this thread.

hummer3

My girlfriend said the seat warmer on the passenger side kept turning off a few nights ago... I didn't notice mine going off :) I hope its something easy to fix & not the heater going out!
Let me know when you're in G'burg, we could arrange a meetup somewhere :cheers:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Good luck with the fix. It was suspension.com that had the H3 bushings. I don't know if the H2 has essentially the same setup.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
That bushing is different between the H2 and H3. And yes, that sucks, because you'll be pioneering that custom fix if you can make it work! I replaced the one on that last SUT. I think I paid just over $236 for it though. 15058405 see if that was the part number they quoted you or not. It was that whole crossmember with bushing. Replacing it was pretty easy. I had a helper though. When you get your oil changed, make sure that bushing does not get covered in oil. It will than be a magnet for mud, sand, etc. It will wear out faster.

As for the seat heaters, This is a guess as my 03 H2 had that issue/ covered under warranty at that time) I thought a relay was under each seat and it was grounded to the seat/ frame base. I don't have an H2 to check though. Sounds like a voltmeter and some testing is in order. That should be an easy fix if it's just the ground.
I just called my tech and left a vm to see what else you can check.

Good luck!

Scarsman

Sponsor
What does the crossmember bushing do, symptomwise? Just recently I have started hearing/feeling a slight clunk under the driver's floor once in awhile when taking off from a stop. I have not had a chance to pull it in the shop and check it out yet, but I have been wondering if it might be a mount bushing for the front diff. I'm going to try and check it tomorrow.

Big2dabank

The crossmember bushing is part of the support for the front diff, if this become loose or worn, when you excellerate you will fell a slight thump under your feet. I can't remember the toque on it, but mine needed to be really tight to stop from come loose. My bushing is really worn and parts are starting to fall tear off, so a fix is in order.

Thanks for everyone help. As for the seat heater it turn out to be a short in the actuall heating element in the drivers seat and since the driver and passengers seat heaters are part of the same circuit, if there is a short in the drivers side, the passenegers side will not work. Simply disconnecting the harness on the dirvers side does not allow the passenger side to work becuae the circuit is open. New seat heater element is $350 at the dealer, yikes. So this repair is on hold as I don;t need the heater in Florida and I think I have only used it a couple of time since I have owned the truck. If I find the part cheaper somewhere, I may tackle this at some point in the future.

Thanks again.