• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

what should i get after magnaflow?

ahana

it has been 2 years since i got my magnaflow and got bored of it.what do you think is better next? the magnaflow is not loud, its a bit more than stock. i didnt find any reviews on the gibson and the borla exhuast.i would like it louder and more aggresive. but not to the point that i cant talk to the passenger.

Hunner

Try just cutting off the muffler and leave the resonator and run the pipe straight back on pass side. Why spend $$$$ on such a short run and put a $$$ muffler on that sounds like it is no good when you can just do this. Look at all that room to put a spare fuel tank of air tank.
_DSC1880.jpg

_DSC1888.jpg

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Maybe Borla. They have a good rep. Had a Gibson on my F350 and hated it. Went back to stock.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Hunner

I don't like drone in the cabin and I was told the mufflers would probably do that. I drove my 06 for years like that. It only growls when you really get on it. Thing is, it's cheap to try it and you can always stick a muff on it. That is on a I-5.
On my Alpha making long trips I want quite and I'm working to improve that. I would think it would be a bit loud without a muff.

Fit4Duty

On my 08 Alpha I had the exhaust shop remove the rear muffler and then install a flowmaster 40 where the resonator was. Opens up a lot of room in the back where the old muffler used to be and the sound is quite nice. I would say that it was very close to the sound of stock 05+ Mustang GT and is never bothersome while crusing at highway speeds.

3rdH3

I did the similar as Fit4Duty. After having a Magnaflow on my 10 Alpha for a year and a half and already eliminating the resonator, I had a local shop install another muffler. He said it was the same one that goes on the new V8 Camaro's. He welded on the Magnaflow tips. Looks good and sounds even better. I finally concluded that if I was going to have a V8, I wanted it to sound like one. Magnaflow is a great product, but just too quiet for my taste on the Alpha. They sounded great on the 2 I5's that I had.