• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - Last Chance Canyon - October 11th, 2014

cbetts

NERD!!!
Kinda late notice, but I need to do a trail test on my truck. Anyone wanna join?
Description: Last Chance Canyon (LCC) is a fun trail with intermediate boulder crawling. We recommend trucks to have at least 33" tires and steps removed. Lockers and rock rails are helpful but not required. Most of the run will take place in the bottom of a canyon with one steep hill climb. This is a good trail for beginners to learn technical driving.

When
: October 11th, 2014

Where: Garlock, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: Trailhead on the south end of the canyon just off of Randsburg Road, 6 miles from Hwy 14. :link:

Trails: Last Chance Canyon

We will be heading north up Last Chance Canyon. If time is good, we will swing by the Burro Schmidt Mine. We will then come back down Last Chance Canyon on the way back out. If time gets short, we can take the quick route out Mesquite Canyon.

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Confirmed Attendance:
cbetts - H3
Kardiez - Jeep
[STRIKE]Zach - Shotgun [/STRIKE]
owlxxx - H3 (Joining later on trail)

Possible Attendance:

Last edited:

Panzer07

I wish I was lifted already so I could go and avenge myself. I'll be interested in trying the v-notch and that little hill that kicked my butt the first and only time I've gone to that trail.

Torres

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
have fun guys!

I have a lot to do. Install my front ox locker, install Panzer's front locker, finish my front bumpstops, Install my shocks and do an oil change on the GF's car. After that I can go hit the dirt.

If you guys run into any issues feel free to give me a call. We will have atleast one or two rigs ready to roll out if need be (probably my bros jeep) I have tons of spares still and control arms, ball joints, etc. Doubt you will need anything but Im just a call away.

cbetts

NERD!!!
have fun guys!

I have a lot to do. Install my front ox locker, install Panzer's front locker, finish my front bumpstops, Install my shocks and do an oil change on the GF's car. After that I can go hit the dirt.

If you guys run into any issues feel free to give me a call. We will have atleast one or two rigs ready to roll out if need be (probably my bros jeep) I have tons of spares still and control arms, ball joints, etc. Doubt you will need anything but Im just a call away.

We appreciate it! I have spare tie rods and half shafts so we should be good. Gonna be a small group so I hope to investigate some more off-shoots from the main trail. Would like to get up into the DCM.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Looks like I am running this one alone now that Zach dropped out. Andy will be caravaning from Santa Clarita at the McDonalds at the 14 and Golden Valley Road. I'll check the board in the morning to see if anyone else is coming.

Zach

Mall Crawler
When you get service, I can probably go pick up Ants truck since he's probably not in this state and rescue you [emoji15]

Zach

Mall Crawler
Have a fun trip. You should be able to cover a lot of ground with just a few rigs. And take pics