• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Naches WA trail day, Saturday, Oct. 18th

Scarsman

Sponsor
NACHES AREA TRAIL DAY

At long last, I finally have a long weekend, and REALLY need to hit some trails!!!!

WHAT:

Off road 4x4 adventure day!

WHEN:

Saturday, October 18[SUP]th[/SUP]

WHERE:

The Naches area in Washington. We will be on the east side of the Cascade Mountains between Ellensburg and Yakima.

DETAILS:

This trail run is going to be geared towards wheeling. This will not be cruising forest service roads. Trails will probably range from moderate to more difficult. There will likely be steep to very steep hills, rocks, roots, etc. Provided the proper trails are open to get there, we will spend some time in an area called Moon Rocks and Funny Rocks where you can get as extreme as you want or just sit back and watch the others break stuff – er, I mean, play. Conditions could range rom dry and dusty, to wet and really muddy. All depends on the weather at the time. I'll try an keep an eye on the forecast as it gets closer and keep it updated here.

MEET POINT:

Whistlin’ Jack Lodge
20800 Washington 410
Naches WA 98937
(509) 658-2433

There is a store there for last minute snacks and supplies, and there is also gas. For end-of-the-day purposes they also have air.

END OF DAY DINNER:

If everyone wants to we can end with a group dinner. If we do, it will be here:

Gold Creek Restaurant
18431 Washington 410
Naches WA 98937
(509) 658-2583

PLAN:

• We will meet at Whistlin' Jack Lodge at 9:30 AM
  • Driver meeting at 10:45 AM
  • We wan to leave the lodge no later than 10:45 AM
I don't want to leave anyone behind if they are running late, but we want to get a good full day of wheeling in. It is a long way in to the Moon Rocks and Funny Rocks area, so we will need to get the train moving to make it there and hit some good trails as well.
Cell phone coverage in the area is poor to none, so it might be hard to reach someone if you are running late.

COMMUNICATIONS:

We will be using CB radios and FRS radios to keep the group together.

VEHICLE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:

Any kind of vehicles are welcome, but they should be trail prepped. This is a list of what I would consider minimum requirements for what we will be doing:

• 4 wheel drive
  • 33” AT type tires
  • Spare tire
  • At least one recovery point front and rear
  • No side steps, nerf bars, etc.
  • Fire extinguisher - EVERY VEHICLE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST ONE! This area can be very dry and fire danger can be very high.

RECOMMENDED VEHICLE EQUIPMENT:

This is a list of equipment I would consider strongly recommended:

• 35”+ AT or MT tires
  • Under carriage protection, aka skid plates
  • Rock sliders, aka rock rails
  • At least one locker

EQUIPMENT RECOMMENDATIONS:

Here is a list of stuff it would be a good idea to have:

• Recovery straps and tree savers
  • D-rings/shackles
  • Hi-Lift type jack
  • Shovel
  • Axe and or saw
  • First aid kit
  • Food and lots of water
  • Spare parts and tools

WARNINGS:

This is a wheeling trip, so there is the risk of body damage and broken parts. There is also the risk of personal injury. But what fun is life with no risks?

ATTENDANCE ROSTER:

FOR SURE:

Scarsman ---------- H2
H3slate ------------- H3
Hummjay ---------- H3 :wink:

MAYBE:

Scarsman

Sponsor
When you post up please advise if you are a "maybe" of a "for sure" and I'll keep a running roster in the original post. Also, please note if you are up for a group dinner or not. If enough people are, I will make reservations.

Hummjay

Wild Thang

ATTENDANCE ROSTER:

FOR SURE:

Scarsman ---------- H2
H3slate ------------- H3
Hummjay ---------- H3 :wink:

The Blue Slate Posse rides again! :horns: LOL I see you guys already signed me up so count me in! I enjoyed our last trip there, but we didn't get to do moon rocks. Cool!