• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Uncategorized?

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
When I try to connect to H4O from work or when I connected to my work through VPN I get blocked by the Barracuda Web Filter and I get the following message.

"The URL you are accessing has been blocked by the Barracuda Web Filter because it contains content belonging to the category of: Uncategorized".

I don't have this problem when I access other forums, so I wondering if there is setting somewhere that needs to be changed?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Hmm, I don't know. We are categorized with some places as an automotive forum. Maybe we're too new and the Orwellian Labeling Authorities haven't been able to get us categorized yet.

LagunaH1

It sounds to me like it's your Barracuda filter that hasn't categorized H4O. This isn't something Alex can fix, it needs to be done on your Barracuda filter or with whomever your filter gets its content from.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Barracuda also looks at IP addresses for the index. Maybe there is a bad site on the same server. Try sending a message to your IT Security or networking group at your work and see if an exception can be added. If not, you always have Tapatalk on your phone unless you work in areas like me.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
If it were work related I could get IT to fix it, but I'm not submitting a formal request for this. It isn't much of a problem, I can just disconnect the Ethernet and use WiFi or my personal Verizon hot spot. The biggest issue is while I'm disconnected from the work network I don't get my work email.

I've requested a new phone, so once I get that I'll get Tapatalk. No use trying to set it up on the old phone (I don't even know if Windows Mobile supports it!). I've requested the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is supposed to be released 11/10/2011 so I don't have too long to wait.