• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

H3 factory Mickey Mouse roof lightbar F/S $200

WarMongur

700 yds ???? LOLOLOLOL cmon now ... you mean feet?

they do have a bit of range, they are spot light style. The drawback with them IMO is that u get tons of wash over the hood and on the windshield. I use mine for lighting up an area when the car isnt moving, when ur driving at night they throw so much light all over the front its hard to see out.

DJinCO

No, I meant 700 yards.

LightForce 170 Strikers project 700 yards using a 100w bulb. The HID version using a 35w bulb projects 1200 YARDS.
I had a set of those on my Tahoe, until "the crash". Now I need to get the brush guard to mount the lightForce lights on the H3.

The 240's with HID bulbs can really light up the night. Those are what the Alaskan truckers use on the IceRoad and the Aussies use in the Outback. I expect that a set of two 240 HID's can melt paint at 15 feet.

I was also concerned about the "light wash" on the hood.

Thanks, for the info.

DJinCO

My bad; I was trying to remember the numbers off the top of my head. From personal use, they are really nice, and bright.

From the web site:

170 Striker 1 LUX at 710yds with 100W bulb
240 Blitz XGT 1 LUX at 984yds with a 100W bulb
240 HID 1 LUX at 1312yds with a 35W Bulb

LightForce says: LUX is an ideal world measure that is easy to understand unlike often misleading candlepower claims. Simply, 1 LUX is sufficient illumination to read a newspaper or to effectively illuminate medium contrast objects (i.e. fauna, livestock, signs, etc)

Sennin

I love my 35w 240 HID's :wink:

Distances.jpgPhoto0436.jpg

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
My bad; I was trying to remember the numbers off the top of my head. From personal use, they are really nice, and bright.

From the web site:

170 Striker 1 LUX at 710yds with 100W bulb
240 Blitz XGT 1 LUX at 984yds with a 100W bulb
240 HID 1 LUX at 1312yds with a 35W Bulb

LightForce says: LUX is an ideal world measure that is easy to understand unlike often misleading candlepower claims. Simply, 1 LUX is sufficient illumination to read a newspaper or to effectively illuminate medium contrast objects (i.e. fauna, livestock, signs, etc)

These range measurements based on 1 lux light level are marketing brilliance standards (BS). 1 lux is equivalent to the light level of a full moon at tropical latitudes with a clear sky see reference :link:. If 1 lux were an adequate illumination for driving off road, lights wouldn't be necessary when there was a full moon. I've never seen anyone off roading without lights during a full moon because they didn't need any more light.

DJinCO

It could be marketing brilliance however I have never seen other lights brighter and more sturdy.
Yes, LightForce does have a HID retrofit.

If someone has a light that throws out more light, I would like to see it. I travel on roads that are long, dark and desolate. One does NOT want to hit an antelope, elk or buffalo in South Park.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I'd recommend an LED light bar.

According to the LightForce web site; their "Lumen output: 55 watt 5000 lumens, 70 watt 6400 lumens, Existing 35w 3200 lumens". http://www.lightforce.com/custombuilt/products/driving-lights/XGT_55w_and_70w_XENONHID_UPGRADE_KITS

Rigid Industries 50" E series LED light bar produces 19,750 lumens http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/eseries50.htm Check out their graph of intensity versus range. The 1 lux curve reaches 748 meters or 818 yards.

So the 50" E series LED lightbar is as bright as 3.95 - 55 W lights, 3 - 70 W lights and 6.17 - 35 W lights.

The initial cost of LED lights are higher, but the LED life is higher, so if you use them very much the LED is cheaper.

DJinCO

I'd recommend an LED light bar.
The initial cost of LED lights are higher, but the LED life is higher, so if you use them very much the LED is cheaper.

Thanks for the link. Those LED bars sure do look nice! You are right, the light bar is quite a bit more expensive; $1600 is pretty rich for my blood.:sigh:
Especially on a DoD civil servant salary. Don't believe the media hype that govt employees are all overpaid "fat-cats".

I'm just fat!

However, if I start playing the lotto, and I win, I sure would buy an LED bar!!!!

FormerUser

I contacted the seller - he claims he has no time to ship because he works 60 hours a week. If anyone is local they will get a deal.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
You just gotta know how to get people willing to ship. I'll usually offer asking price and then offer at least $50 dollars for shipping, which is probably what this will cost. Most people will think their going to make some money this way.
But then again, I think some of these people must be afraid their poster is on the wall at the post office and there's no way you're going to get them to ship.....

Hunner

If some of you are really interested I might can locate some. Those were about $435. I found a stash and got an extra for $299. I can find out Monday if they have anymore.
I have had them on both my H3's. If you mount them slightly forward they do glare on the windshield. There was a change in them that only included a foam strip with adhesive for the leading edge. That allowed you to move them back some. However to line up with the trim on the roof and edge of the windshield there is only a little leeway.
On my Birch White hoods they did light it up some but I used some black mag sheets when I wanted to have them on for night runs.
I posted an install with some important things to do when installing the rivnuts at one time.