• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The beast is back! Pics of the carnage!

Scarsman

Sponsor
We got our truck back today. After two and a half weeks of driving first a Cobalt and then a Traverse, we are SOOOOOOO glad to have the beast back again! Here are some pics of the axle. It broke just outboard of the splines. The splined part was still in the carrier. Replaced the axle, bearing, seal, and rotor.

DSCN1597.jpg

DSCN1598.jpg

I have to say, I am most impressed with Speedway Chevrolet in Monroe WA. They made this whole ordeal as painless as possible, and kept me informed all along the way. I spoke with the young guy who did the actual work on it, and he really liked the truck. He said he spent about an hour with a magnet on a stick and rags making sure he got all the filings out of the tube, and filled the diff with not just their regular synthetic oil, but some really expensive high grade stuff they have. He said from the look of the truck it looked like it would benefit from it. Then he said I should put headers and exhaust on it and a tune. I told him I had a Diablo tune, and he said the stock cats are pretty restrictive, and a new exhaust would help some. I said I'll think about it!

Chastan

Wow I did not realize what had happened until now. I really missed that post from Naches Pass. Glad to hear you have it back. Amazing shots showing how much power is running through the axle.

Last edited:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Wow I did not realize what had happened until now. I really missed that post from Naches Pass. Glad to hear you have it back. Amazing shots showing how much power is running through the axle.

Yeah, it is in the Naches Pass thread in the trail stories section. Broke the left rear axle and had to be flatbedded home. I was trying to climb a ledge on an incline and got a little too aggressive, I guess. It was muddy, and I would not have thought there would have been enough traction to do that, but I guess there was!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
You need to have MaxPF on the trail with you. He'd have that fixed up in no time! Glad to hear you are up and running.
706451000_jQxdM-L.jpg

kmug

Glad you finally got it back, and great to hear about Speedway. I'll be sure to get my stuff done there ( Doug's in Edmonds has gone downhill since they stopped selling Hummers ) and mention I'm there because of your experience. Maybe we can turn them into the local Hummer service place!

Hummjay

Wild Thang
Wow! That's some paperweight... er... I mean trophy... um... I mean doorstop you got there! So glad you got your baby back!! Thanks for posting those amazing pics!