• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New Jeep

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Well the wife got rid of her patriot a week ago and upgraded to a 11' JK sport. De badged and de striped it, blacked out the wheels, added a hood decal and new hood hardware, and got a line on a set of 12' rubi suspension to give her a little lift. First jeep I've ever driven. It's cool, but night and day between it and the 3.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    383.8 KB · Views: 349
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 331

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I like the color. Still love the ability to go topless. Enjoy!

Posted via Integrated Brain Wave Chip

SolidusJ

That thing is sharp!!! Man I'm really in a awe on how cool that thing is with that color, if I could find one dirt cheap I would own one to play with :whaa:.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Thanks for the kind words guys. The green is our favorite as well. Just want it to look clean and simple. Although a gobi and a stubby front bumper would be good :)

Best4x4

Is the suspension on the 2012 Rubicon off of a 4DR? You won't really get any lift out of a 2DR Rubicon's suspension. The only difference is the spring rate of the actual springs. The Red Rubicon shocks are basically the same as the H3 vs Adventure H3 so you'd probably get a better ride with the Rubicon shocks. You can check your current JK spring rate to the Rubicon spring rate by comparing the tags on the actual coils if they're still on the springs.

The stiffer spring rate is going to be found on this combo 4DR JKU/Hard Top vs a 4DR/Soft Top.

On my 05 LJ I actually had the springs for a hard top model, so when it came to lifting the Jeep I really didn't have to do all that much to the rear. I just leveled it with 2inch coil spacers and it sat like I had a 3inch lift.

It is sad that you don't see more Jeep's in "green". My 05 was Electric Lime Green, but I prefer the darker more natural green's. The newer JK/JKU colors remind me of highlighters lol.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Yep, suspension is off a 4dr hard top rubi. Should work perfect! The green was a score, I think it's a great color. Gotta say though, for the most part I don't look at jeeps. Built or not, they are a dime a dozen and my eyes slide off them. Until we got this one. Now that I'm noticing them a bit more I'm a little surprised to see how few come in green.

Last edited: