• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 New Recall... Well sort of

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Wife just sent me a text saying that I got a letter from HUMMER in the mail. Something about the corrosion on the brake lines. I'll read it when I get home but wondering if anybody else got one. She did say that it only applied to 2006 HUMMER H3's and only vehicles that were registered in certain states.

:corn:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I didn't get anything. Of course I don't have an '06 and apparently I don't live in certain states

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Got the same letter. It states that the salt in some states will eventually corrode the front brake hose fitting and cause a failure in the front brakes. The rear ones will still work. It should throw a code in the DIC about fluids or brakes. They promise to replace it under warranty for 10 years, or up to 120,000 miles.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
From my letter:
"...2008 model year HUMMER H3 vehicles currently or previously registered in Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia and Wisconsin, the front brake hose fitting may corrode due to snow or water that contains road salt or other contaminants. Contaminants could enter and remain in the fitting. Significant corrosion could allow thebrake hose toflex and develop a leak. If a leak occurs, the brake system warning light will appear in the instrument panel cluster, and the BRAKES or FLUID message will illuminate in the Driver Information Center. With this condition, the rear brakes will still be operational but stopping distance may increase." So, don't tailgate cause you might DIE! If you should DIE, your relatives will not be allowed to sue GM due to a new Presidential Directive that will be issued if needed. President Obama will protect Government Motors and his Union butt buddies at all cost.

It might apply to all model year H3s and everyone got a nice personalized letter, however, it should apply to any vehicle that is ever driven for a winter in one of these states, not just registered. Believe it or not, there are people who live in southern states and actually go back to states like MI for the winter. Don't understand it myself, but I know someone who does. Believe he and his wife have some type of brain damage. But....

Last edited:

erdlen65

I'm the second owner of mine and I got the letter. I'm surprised their willing to pay for something salt destroys,

HIROLA

06 H3 here but no letter. I live a couple feet from the DC & MD line here in VA, so not too far off and we get the same salt here. I'll be waiting for the mailman.

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Got the same letter. It states that the salt in some states will eventually corrode the front brake hose fitting and cause a failure in the front brakes. The rear ones will still work. It should throw a code in the DIC about fluids or brakes. They promise to replace it under warranty for 10 years, or up to 120,000 miles.

That pretty much sums up my letter but you left his part out:

"Do not take your vehicle to your GM dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition described above."

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
That pretty much sums up my letter but you left his part out:

"Do not take your vehicle to your GM dealer as a result of this letter unless you believe that your vehicle has the condition described above."

​[/QUOTE]
And that is the problem with stupid letters like this.
What if someone does get in an accident due to this situation. You can bet they will sue GM, but will GM come out with the old GM vs. the new GM and how the old GM is protected under the Bankruptcy.

However, a look see might not show the problem. The only real fix is to replace the lines with new lines. But that costs GM money and they need all the money they get to pay off the union's new contract.

skeptic

How could UT not be included in that list? I swear we have 6 months of salted roads every year here...