• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Oops

SuperBuickGuy

I would, but I didn't take any... picking it up on Sunday
it looks like this, only with less parts attached
edyi.jpg

SuperBuickGuy

it's a lot of fun - not a terribly expensive build considering what you end up with when you're done. I could copy it with a motor for less than 2k.

SuperBuickGuy

"Accidentally" eh?

:hans:

Good luck, looking forward to reading about the project

a friend owns a mechanic shop, about a month ago I mentioned to him that I liked FJ40s and had a bunch of them over the last several years. I also mentioned that I wouldn't kick one out of bed if it fell in.... roll forward to Thursday, I get a phone call from the friend who got a phone call from another guy who has a basket case he wants out of his garage....

I went to talk to him, and ended up with an FJ40 that I had zero intention of buying.

SuperBuickGuy

Geez that's tempting. I guess for now I'll continue to ride my yzf250 and dream lol

I enjoyed how quickly the build went together, and how much fun it was piecing it together... though, the way to save money on this build is to buy one of the thousands of blown up CRF250s, buy a CR 500 motor and the kit - and have at it. All in, doing it the simple way you might have 2500 in the build.... have I mentioned how much fun the bike is? :) trust me on this, you'll never go back to 250s, they'll feel like a minibike