• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cargo kit brackets!!!!

4speedfunk

I cranked-out some THORparts cargo kit brackets if anybody wants to convert to a two-seater....
attachment.php
attachment.php

These brackets allow you to install a FLAT cargo deck where your rear seats currently reside. Installation is not permanent, and you can re-install your rear seats in about a half-hour at any time. Perfect for camping or K-9 use! I converted mine about four years ago and never looked back. Having a flat cargo area (with tool storage underneath) works better for me and puppy. What the hell was GM thinking when they gave us that sloping, slick, plastic, nightmare?

These are raw steel...brackets only...laser-cut and precision formed. You will need to provide your own plywood decking, 1-1/2" spacers for the rear portion of the deck, and other hardware if you decide to get fancy. I used to sell a complete kit with a hinge and all the necessary hardware but, this is a DIY budget offering! You can make the rest of the stuff yourself, and save a bunch. I only have (10) sets so don't delay. PM your email and ZIPcode, and I will send you a PayPal link.
$99.00 plus shipping.

Attachments

• cargo brackets-01.jpg
    cargo brackets-01.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 2,236
  • cargo brackets-02.jpg
    cargo brackets-02.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 2,196

Fish

That is a very cool option, I hated how the rear seats didn't fold down flat when I had my H3, and yes that is great for the dogs! Very nice :thumbs:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
This is awesome. I've been wanting to this for some time now, and you just saved me a ton of work. :) You have any pics of what it likes like installed?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

4speedfunk

You can get a good look at the platform in this video, (start watching at 1:30)...

[video=youtube;NEjXl8jqlPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjXl8jqlPU[/video]

Also, the brackets come with an exploded diagram and templates for the plywood. Recon...you may have to do some custom stuff to yours due to the roll cage but, the brackets will save you most of the headaches.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad to see those come back.

Seems like there would be a lot more call for that sort of thing these days with over landing picking up.

4speedfunk

Yeah. I thought the cargo kit would be the "flagship" part for THORparts. I thought for sure I would sell hundreds of them. Nope. I only sold a handful.

I still get requests once in awhile...so I stamped out a few for guys that want em. I have seen some homemade wooden versions and these are a bit nicer.

benlaud87

Id love one of those, but my wife thinks that kids need to be in seats. I tried to explain that they'd be happier playing in the back with a cargo kit installed.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Id love one of those, but my wife thinks that kids need to be in seats. I tried to explain that they'd be happier playing in the back with a cargo kit installed.

That's how I grew up! Either in the back of a '57 Chevy Wagon with the seats folded down or the back of an International pickup truck with a canopy. My brother and I and the dog!

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
You can get a good look at the platform in this video, (start watching at 1:30)...

[video=youtube;NEjXl8jqlPU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEjXl8jqlPU[/video]

Also, the brackets come with an exploded diagram and templates for the plywood. Recon...you may have to do some custom stuff to yours due to the roll cage but, the brackets will save you most of the headaches.

That's why this setup is better for me than the full kit. Beside the roll cage, I want to make two MWC racks on each side of the spare tire. The spare tire is going to go right where the rear seat normally goes. Thanks so much for making these!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
CJ why must you tempt me with this?!

But seriously I will most likely order some so that when I want to have a flat back I can install them

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Thanks man, that set has been sitting on my work bench taking up space. Glad to have the chance to offload them to someone who will use them. Just didn't need them once I bought the trailer.