• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Questions

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
#1 is TC shifter needs to changed in N? And how easy does it slides up and down (any grinding noise normal?)
#2 how fast CTS is deflating tires?
#3 TC how fast does TC light shuts off after shifting in H?
#4 when u stop at light does truck seems like its in P on a hill (moves back a little?)
#5 noise from engine though cover normal or it's not well insulated

Zach

Mall Crawler
Ahhhh!! The 02 you are looking at? Can only answer #5 from driving Dave's to and from Moab. Yes, loud.

kflips

My input but have only had my hmmwv a year and a half

1. Grinding is normal but you should consider changing the tcase while the engine is off (recommended by someone to me during a wheeling event)

2 cannot help you
3 for me it takes a hundred yards or so
4. H1s rock a little when you come to a stop. It is normal, from the geared hubs I have been told
5 mine is very loud as military, some H1 owners spray some type of sound deadinjng inside the doghouse but I am no expert on that

LagunaH1

#1 is TC shifter needs to changed in N? And how easy does it slides up and down (any grinding noise normal?)
#4 when u stop at light does truck seems like its in P on a hill (moves back a little?)

1: Yes. Never move the TC lever when the transmission is in anything but N. If it grinds, shut down the engine and wait a few seconds.
2: Reasonably fast. More importantly: You can do it while driving and all you have to do is press the button. No reason to stop and mess with deflators
3: Immediately on my truck
4: Yes. this is normal for H1's. It's due to your brakes being inboard from the geared hubs. You'll get used to it.
5: Everything is relative but the 6.5 Diesel is a loud motor.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Thanks everyone, that think has a lot of small issues and couple of big ones. I think I'll pass on this one.

Neo

Badfish
finish your stop slow and smooth and that will eliminate the rockin stops, the t-case lock light can vary, putting the truck in reverse will disengage it right away. T-case shifters can be stiff with some noise, for trucks that start back up easy when hot turning it off is a great idea before shifting from high to low or vise-a-versa. all of my experience is with an old truck, a 93 to be exact. are you going for a full house? H1,2, and 3 or will you be dropping one? I like keeping an eye on your projects :wink:
No CTIS on mine but Mikkel covered that one

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member

Tranny in N to shift Tcase setting.
CTIS deflates fairly quickly. Is slower to inflate. Minute od do to deflate to trail pressures.
TC light takes all different times to shut off.
The rocking at stops is normal.
The is the slop in the gears in the geared hubs
have to hear what you are hearing. The truck is noisier than the H2 pr 3 but not that bad.

Scorpion4x4

Probationary Member
"Everything is relative but the 6.5 Diesel is a loud motor."

Yea they even knock when you have oil in them or not....

At least that's what Lagunah1 tells me...