• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pacific Northwest H4O overdue get together Sat&Sun AUG 2nd and 3rd 2014

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Come meet your fellow PNW H4O offroad members for a weekend of camping and trail exploration! Put faces to names and make new friends who share the same love of our rigs as you do yours! We are way overdue for this up here guys! :) I'd like to see us give these Cali and AZ folks a run for their money and get more active up here!
CB channel 6 & FRS channel 12 for comms.
When: Sat and Sun Aug 2nd and 3rd 2014
Where: Tahuya State Forest
Longitude: 122º 54' 45" W
http://www.dnr.wa.gov/AboutDNR/ManagedLands/Pages/amp_rec_tahuya_state_forest.aspx

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/eng_tahuya_both.pdf

From Belfair head west on NE North Shore Road (Hwy 300). Then turn right on Belfair Tahuya Road heading up a fairly steep hill. To reach Elfendahl Pass Staging Area and the campgrounds, continue straight to NE Elfendahl Pass Road. Take a right on Elfendahl Road and continue a couple miles to the Elfendahl Pass Staging Area which will be on your right. The campgrounds are nearby
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=...d=217460540176407056394.00049ada33fa532a38337

Yes, folks, you will need to get your discovery passes. FYI, these can be bought direct online here: http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov
or you can search for a vendor close to you in order to purchase in person through this link: http://wdfw.wa.gov/licensing/vendors/

If you want a list of phone #'s contact Hummjay as he is putting the master list together.

Who's attending:
1. Abntroop (Matthew and brother Benjamin)
2. SuperBuicGuy (name?)
3. RamRod (Mike and GF Sarah)
4. Taylorblake831 (Blake)
5. hills (Josh)
6. Hummjay
7: rallyrcr

Last edited:

cbetts

NERD!!!
Tempting! I typically lead the Bishop run in August but things have been too dry down here. Need to see what my work schedule looks like. Don't pencil me in just yet.

RamRod

Awesome!!! You also can update my real name in the first thread to Mike (my GF Sarah will be with me as well)

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

RamRod

I take it that we will be doing the Elfendahl Pass loop?

Where would be the best place to meet? I'll be coming up from Oregon and try to get to the area (or close to it) the night before Friday

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
I am going to be honest here and say I have no idea. I'm going to start doing my homework as I haven't run here yet, but we'll get it sorted and post up info

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
One we get hard numbers on attendees, whoever gets there first can grab and hold camp spots to ensure room for everyone. I'll probably try to make it up fri night knowing me.

SuperBuickGuy

It is first-come, first-served for camping; but, and I will actually check this out on Memorial day weekend, I think there's plenty of places for dry camping in the area. There is also a lot of hotels/motels in McCleary, WA if roughing it just isn't your thing.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
It is first-come, first-served for camping; but, and I will actually check this out on Memorial day weekend, I think there's plenty of places for dry camping in the area. There is also a lot of hotels/motels in McCleary, WA if roughing it just isn't your thing.
yeah if we can find a spot we can group camp, all the better IMHO

Hills

A group site definitely would be best. I will be bringing a tent. Still haven't purchased a Manley ORV trailer yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

evldave

Put me down for a maybe. We already have 2 weekends in August booked up and I'm not sure if either are that weekend. If we have it free I might be able to make a day trip out of it.

evldave

I am officially out. Apparently there is some country music festival that weekend and we're going to it. Well...I can't stand country music, so I'm mostly going for the camping and drinking and she's going to watch some dudes in tight pants. Have a great time!

SuperBuickGuy

I am officially out. Apparently there is some country music festival that weekend and we're going to it. Well...I can't stand country music, so I'm mostly going for the camping and drinking and she's going to watch some dudes in tight pants. Have a great time!

Yee-effin-haw... nothing in the world is funnier than seeing city slickers dressed up and acting like cowboys.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Well that sucks. Sorry dude.

Hummjay

Wild Thang
OK count me in! I agree, it's been waay too long since us PNWers have gathered around the campfire together! :huh: Come to think of it, although I love campfires, I'm not much of a camper so I might not be camping on this trip (I'll have to think about that), but I'd love to explore those trails with the group. Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones! :)

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Bump! This thing is still a go and the roster is growing! If you're on the maybe list, you have time to sort out your schedule, break away, and come join us!

Hills

I am still planning on coming. Finished installing my new radiator, and breaks. Working on my new roof rack mounts as well. I cannot wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk