• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Smorr

digglesworth

So I'm thinking about heading down to smorr (southern missouri off road ranch) next weekend. Friday the 16th is my birthday so were talking about going on the 17th probably. Most likely just for a day trip. Probably wheel for 6+ hrs and head home around sunset. It's about 3.5 hrs from me. So far, it looks like it's just my truck right now. Bringing the girlfriend and my daughter. I have a cv shaft ordered and trying to get a strap and shackles ordered too. I wanna have some recovery gear just in case. I've got tools and spare parts. Probably keep it on the easier trails at first just to get a feel for my truck off road.

rsc

Sounds like fun. Let me check and see if we can free up our saturday.

rsc

The wife cleared her weekend, sounds like we can meet you there. Never been there before, but we're up for exploring the place.

digglesworth

Man that's awesome. I don't plan on getting into anything real crazy. This will be the first time my trucks been off road... With me at least. It looks like it's gonna be about 3+ hrs to get there so probably gonna get there between 8 and 9 on Saturday and wheel til around sunset.

rsc

That place was great! Even the level 2 stuff was fun for a change. The park is about 5 miles from one end to the other but we didn't feel that it was too small for a full day of wheeling to see it all, lots of trails! The trails were a little conservatively marked, IMHO. Some trails had been renumbered on the trail but not on the map and we found a few new trails tge map didn't have but overall well marked. For the most part the access road around the park parralled several level 2 and 3 trails which we linked together to make our way around the park. There are a few trails marked as 6, found out that those were for mountain goats or hikers ;) The campgrounds are well laid and facilities were very clean and nice inside. The only negatives were bad cell coverage (big deal) and Mapquest couldn't find it, we searched for 10 minutes looking at the directions before abandoning technology and just being observant to the roads.

rsc

Here are a couple shots of the fun, definitely need to make plans to go back again in a bigger group!

36FA9A67-1FD3-4396-988E-D4DA1D165107.png

D97AA36C-17F8-42D4-A672-139D4E3FAE6A.png

84A96F41-E5DE-42A7-855E-7AE00BB7A677.png

2E1EEB73-5412-4E45-A815-A34E2CB0F930.png

3398BB6B-A251-495E-A351-C1BEAF3B3281.jpg

EBA86DCE-FB14-4A00-90C7-59866A20DF34.jpg

50AB56A8-1018-4CA0-AAAB-BD042CE91302.jpg

digglesworth

This place was really awesome. We could've spent another day there for sure. We didn't hit all the 2s and 3s out there. I think we could definitely get a group together and spend the weekend down there having a freakin blast.

Steve #1

I'll keep my eyes open for your next trip. My brother lives in Springfield and I've been needing to get up to our farm in Greenfield. This could be one more bit of motivation to get me up that way.