• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Has Anyone Run Alone With This Guys Before.

Panzer07

http://www.meetup.com/City-Slicker-Off-Roading/events/178647022/
alright, I don't know if this is against the forum rules (talking or bring up forewing forum/web sites, nor I know if im posting this in right section, but since it is a So Cal Related Thing I Figure This Was The Place To Post Anyways, browsing thru the old hummerx something I came across with this other forum-web site Called city slicker and they seem to wheel quite a bit at least once a month. I know our H4O president and Vice Presidents do an awesome job getting us out to the trails. but sometimes it is months between each run...so anyways before I get side track my question is have any of our fellow So Cal members wheeled or interact with this guys ?.
here it is the link to their page and their up-coming event this weekend.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Serge has done a few runs with them. I joined the forum, but my schedule has been very limited lately. That and issues with the truck. But work has been an issue for time. Might have a new venture coming up really soon as far as work to where I can get out more

Last edited:

Panzer07

Ok thanks for the impute gents...if my truck is bak from the dealer before this weekend which I doubt it since GM is being stupid...I might be able to join them on the run they have this weekend...I just wanted to ask first to see if any of you had run with them...I know Chris (06 h3) has run with some not so good fellows who as he quoted "they wanted to see a hummer get messed up" and well I'm trying to prevent running with such kind of people if possible.

Sent From Someone Else's iPhone 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I have done 1 run with that group (saturday duran/Odessa loop) out of 8 rigs 6 were first timers with them, I havent seen organizers (they ran same trail Sunday). Problem is a lot of times they post runs 1-2 days before. Second MOST of their runs a DIFFICULT, so high probability of body damage and no one is going to baby your truck like Graig does. It's skinny pedal to the metal and hopefully u make it and don't brake it. I scratched one of headlights that run.

So i can't speak for a core group itself but i'll do another run with them to meet and then make my decision. U need to join to see pics.
IH8RDS she will not baby you rig, she bang up hers in first 5 min on a trail.

Last edited:

Panzer07

I have done 1 run with that group (saturday duran/Odessa loop) out of 8 rigs 6 were first timers with them, I havent seen organizers (they ran same trail Sunday). Problem is a lot of times they post runs 1-2 days before. Second MOST of their runs a DIFFICULT, so high probability of body damage and no one is going to baby your truck like Graig does. It's skinny pedal to the metal and hopefully u make it and don't brake it. I scratched one of headlights that run.

So i can't speak for a core group itself but i'll do another run with them to meet and then make my decision. U need to join to see pics.
IH8RDS she will not baby you rig, she bang up hers in first 5 min on a trail but she'll do it "ON A JEEP":giggle:

Thanks for the info serge...I have joined already and seen some of their run pics...and I know we have it good in this forum with Craig, zach, and Chris's spotting skills. As well I'm not too concern about banging my rig here and there I understand it is part of wheeling (I banged the hell out of it last run at gold mountain)...what I'm not too willing is to just bang it for unnecessary reasons just to see how the metal hitting rocks sounds like...in my opinion that's just carelessness and proves nothing sort of like those guys on the street with sport and fast cars burning rubber at every stop/take-off downtown just 'cause the hell of it...but anyways only one way to find out if running with them works for me...I'll see if I can make the run they hosting this weekend.

Panzer07

I have lots of video from that run, but you know how it is with me and vids.

That I know lol...you are like the VA (Veterans Affairs) takes a year or so to get thing going lol jk...I just saw the vid on your YouTube channel from (my first run with H4O) LCC run last year...good stuff.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
My impression was that they did not have a lot of highly experienced wheelers. I think they may be stronger when it comes to radio ops, GPS navigation, etc. Also sounds like they are reorganizing things a bit.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Dave you thinking of LandOps, I have been with them for past year+ and highly recommend if you into geocashing and HAM. Offroading is very easy to moderate. Right now group is splitting into Beginners and Advanced operators, for a GOOD ops u have to be in Adv. group. We started getting some rift-raft lately, so group is now private with meet up presence for recruiting.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are probably right Serge but when I signed up for LandOps I started getting all the e-mails from the Meetup folks.