• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Just move back to Texas

High Five H2

After living in the salt lake city area for 4 years. I was super close to the best off roading in the world, and now I'm in West Texas, the flattest place on earth. I just got a job and so I actually have money for a build, but no place to go.

Any meet ups around here? good off roading forums that I should be a member of? Good places to off road near the Midland/Odessa area? I'm going to be building a 72 jeep commando eventually. any good shops close to here?

Thanks for the info.

Also, putting Texas in the midwest instead of it's own subforum? rookie mistake. Texans shouldn't get lumped in with anyone else, we're our own breed!

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
West Texas isn't really considered part of Texas. It's known as the East side of New Mexico or the North side of Mexico. :D

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint

Steve #1

Escondido Draw is west of Ozona and is part of the Texas Motorized Trail Coalition. They have been working on it for a while and have regularly scheduled work weekends and I think they are open every other weekend. http://escondidodraw.org/

There are the sand dunes in kermit. I don't know the curent state of them, it's been years since I was out there. http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_kermit.htm

Big Bend is close to you and there are trails in south east NM.... you have some options.

High Five H2

i'll check out some trails in NM. My dad used to take his ATVs out to kermit, but some guy bought them and was kind of a jerk about letting people use them and he called the sheriff on my dad or something like that, so I guess they're off limits now. i'll chick out EDRA too. it might be fun to help them build some trails.