• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

HFAP - March 15th, 2014

SickStringC

It's been a while since we've had a proper TX outing so I thought I'd post up to see if anyone is interested. This is the only weekend that makes sense for me between now and Black Sheep Week in Moab and the date was actually originally proposed by the proud new owner of my happy old H3, Cortinas316! Frumaker mentioned being on board, I anticipate us keeping it light this trip as it's a 'trial run' for Fru's Raptor before Moab as well as being close enough to the date for me that I'm not looking to do much other than just confirm everything is dialed in for Utah. That said, anyone interested?? I'm thinking about actually camping out there for the weekend (for the first time) and enjoying some mild night wheeling Friday night, then hitting trails with what I'd expect to be the bulk of the group on Saturday, more mild night wheeling Saturday night and whatever anyone wants to do who is still around on Sunday. All of that said, whose interested??

-"Taylor" aka Chris aka SickStringC

frumaker

It's time for the raptor to take flight so I'll be there. Have to let you know about what days/nights but Saturday for sure! Maybe I can find a camper to use so a tent wouldn't be needed

FRU

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Not sure trying to help David move and work right now keeping me busy. I also have an offer on my place so I may be moving also.

cdarveaux

Just noticed my tbar and crossmember bushings are worn bad when I changed my oil last night and I want to get some stuff before I do anything like hfap for awhile and I'm fresh out of warranty so I gotta be a lot more careful but I do wish I could go

SickStringC

Just noticed my tbar and crossmember bushings are worn bad when I changed my oil last night and I want to get some stuff before I do anything like hfap for awhile and I'm fresh out of warranty so I gotta be a lot more careful but I do wish I could go

Always welcome to come up and ride with anyone else if you're just itching to get out, but don't want to risk breaking anything. I usually have extra passenger space.

frumaker

Are you scared to wheel with a real V8?! I got the alpha eater now! Just kidding

FRU

Cortinas316

I'll be there with a couple really good friends. One with a FordFX4 and another with a 4 door Jeep. We'll be staying the night and I would also like to do some light night time trails. We always have games camp too. Ladder golf, Cornhole and beer pong usually. We make it as much fun as possible instead of just chilling at camp. Hope to see you all there.

SickStringC

I'll be there with a couple really good friends. One with a FordFX4 and another with a 4 door Jeep. We'll be staying the night and I would also like to do some light night time trails. We always have games camp too. Ladder golf, Cornhole and beer pong usually. We make it as much fun as possible instead of just chilling at camp. Hope to see you all there.

Nice. I'll bring washer boards and washers.

It's time for the raptor to take flight so I'll be there.

FRU

Does this mean you're finally ready to let me jump it? :shifty:

I'm going to assume the lack of a response to this translates to an emphatic 'YES!'. I can't wait to get the Raptor airborne ... this is going to be awesome. Whose going to hold my beer? :giggle:

Last edited:

frumaker

Nice. I'll bring washer boards and washers.

I'm going to assume the lack of a response to this translates to an emphatic 'YES!'. I can't wait to get the Raptor airborne ... this is going to be awesome. Whose going to hold my beer? :giggle:

Ummmm...yeah...let me think...

FRU

Cortinas316

Just a bump reminder to all. NEXT SATURDAY THE 15th HIDDEN FALLS. I can't even count how many people are going now. If half show up we'll be in trouble.

SickStringC

Just a bump reminder to all. NEXT SATURDAY THE 15th HIDDEN FALLS. I can't even count how many people are going now. If half show up we'll be in trouble.

For sure! I've got a nice little group assembled myself. Should be good times! The weather forecast calls for highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s. Perfect camping / wheeling weather.

I'm going to head out sometime shortly after work on Friday and will be at Area B setup, relaxing by Sunset (that's the goal). Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

Cortinas316

Yeah it's gonna be perfect out there. A little rain from the weekend hopefully will stay on the ground until then. We have 6 to 10 people going but only 3-4 different rigs. We are all planning on sticking to 1,2 and 3d during the day and probably stay really light for some night runs.. Everybodies bringing their own food and beers so fend for yourself. I'm gonna try to get a spot by you guys but we'll see. This week is going to take to pass....

For sure! I've got a nice little group assembled myself. Should be good times! The weather forecast calls for highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s. Perfect camping / wheeling weather.

I'm going to head out sometime shortly after work on Friday and will be at Area B setup, relaxing by Sunset (that's the goal). Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

SickStringC

Another thing I just discovered is taking place out there on Saturday - the "Dirt Riot Central Series Round 1 4x4 Endurance" race of the "World Extreme Rock Crawling Championship Series" will be held out there. According to park officials, the park is still open to the public and all trails will be open. I assume they are using a different part of the park for this than the usual trails, who knows. Should be interesting though!

SickStringC

If anyone has been watching and is on the fence or still may come, PM me for my cell to link up with the group - I'll be setup in Area 'B' flying a full sized Texas flag so we can easily be found (in case Ragnar the flexing Rubicon isn't enough). Everyone have a great weekend!

Cortinas316

Just an FYI everyone in my camp in still on. We'll be up tomorrow morning. Hopefully get there around 930 or 10. If I'm the first one there I'll try to get a site next to you guys but if my friends get there first who knows where they'll end up. It's gonna be sloppy and packed out there. Gonna be great.

frumaker

za9u5epy.jpg
upuze7ez.jpg

Just a couple from today. The raptor surprised the hell outta me. Only thing that stopped it at all was a skinny trail which did cause a small ding. Also, the rear bumper hangs out too far and a bump moved it outta place. Guess I'm building my bumper sooner than I thought.

FRU

Last edited: