• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Transmission Troubles

abearden

So I finished up the functional parts of the truck today. Unfortunately I've still got a leaky injector despite numerous attempts to stop it and the transmission won't shift up to second. Normally, I'd pull out the diagnostic sheet for the 4L80E and go through it, but I just don't have the time right now and I need to use the truck soon. Anyone know of a good place in Fountain Valley or Santa Ana that can do a transmission diagnostic? Hopefully within a week or so? :sigh:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Take it to Ant aka AAMCO right by your work. He's great for a Brit. And you can check out Serge's toys

abearden

Take it to Ant aka AAMCO right by your work. He's great for a Brit. And you can check out Serge's toys
Sadly, that's not right by work anymore. But thanks for the reminder! That wouldn't be too bad of a trip at 25mph...

Zach

Mall Crawler
Sadly, that's not right by work anymore. But thanks for the reminder! That wouldn't be too bad of a trip at 25mph...

Ant's guys are great! Have taken my truck to him last few times. Just tell him where you're from. Or let me know I will tell him

abearden

Ant's guys are great! Have taken my truck to him last few times. Just tell him where you're from. Or let me know I will tell him
:thumbs:

I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I gave them a call to schedule a drop off and that's about it. If you want to tell him and claim credit, by all means go for it.

Damn thing was doing okay until I got about half way there, then something let loose causing 1st and 2nd to try to engage at the same time unless I kept the pressure up. I done with that piece for now. Hopefully it won't eat up too much of my move stash.

abearden

Zach, I owe you a drink next time I see you. Just got off the phone with Chris. They caught a leaky injector I didn't see (I only had one pegged), and aren't raping me on the transmission rebuild. Assuming no hard parts ate themselves when it started making noise, I'll get out of there just shy of $2k. Last time I had just the transmission rebuilt on a 4x2 version of the same truck, it was $3.4k.:cheers:

Now back to packing stuff up.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Anthony and Chris have taken good care of a lot of H4O members at his AAMCO. Glad you're getting fixed up nicely as well.

abearden

:gaah:

Damn thing ate itself, got metal into the fluid, and everything went downhill from there. Looking like ramen for a while.