• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone use a Casio Commando?

Scarsman

Sponsor
No, I don't mean looking at your watch with no underwear on! :slap:

I am going to be switching to Verizon here pretty soon, and I am leaning towards getting a Casio Commando. I know it is not the fastest or most advanced thing out there at all, but I like the ruggedness of it. It will be my first smart phone, as I give up my ruggedized flip phone I have had for the last 6 years.

I will not be watching movies, streaming radio, playing games, or spending hours a day with it. I want a phone, and want to be able to access the interweb while traveling and such. I don't twitter, facebook, myspace, or any other social media at all, and will not be. If you need me you can call me or email me. I might text with a couple select people, but that will be minimal. And I want to do all this with something that is not going to be fragile.

So, with my VERY limited knowledge of the modern phones, it seems that this one fits the bill. Very rugged, not the fastest or fanciest or most advanced, but gets the job done. Kind of like a Hummer. In fact, one techy review I read on it said it was "the Hummer" of smart phones. :thumbs:

HEre is a link to it: http://www.casiogzone.com/commando/

So, any advice or opinions?

gfbh3t

I have one. Had it 4 months now, no problems. I do demolition/construction and have dropped it many times. It has a lot of functions I don't use.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Was that on purpose? The guy at Costco said he took one and him and a friend kicked, stomped on it, and then threw it against a wall, and it still worked and the screen was still intact. He said he has sold about a dozen of them and never had one come back yet.

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
The guy at my Verizon told me it was proof up to 6 stories. I wouldnt persay it was on purpose, but my curiosity got the best of me. The back cover popped off and it landed on the screen side, not even a scratch on the screen. But i do have some dents in the sides. I love this phone so much!:)

SWANK3T

The commando rocks. If I didn't use my iPhone for so much I would have the commando. I just put my IPhone 4 in an otter box defender

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
I have wanted the casio commando for awhile now, unfortunatly my carrier doesnt offer that phone.:sigh: I have used the motorola tundra for a few years now and it is a super tough phone. I have accidentally dunked it a few times with no issues. The commando is also made to mil. spec. for dust, water & shock so it should be fairly bomb proof as well. Im interested to see if you like it, I may need to switch.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I need a bulletproof phone like this. Mine is going die sooner then later. I can't be fragile with a phone to save my life

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Scarsman

Sponsor
Sorry, I missed a bunch of replies here!

I have had my Commando fore almost two months now, and I love it. It is my first smart phone, so I don't have anything too compare it to. I know the touch screen is not quite as sensitive as some of my friends' phones, but I'm used to it now. The sound is surprisingly good for music. The camera is not the greatest, but not that bad either. Overall, I am very happy with it.

If you have any specific questions about it, let more know. I'll check back here a little sooner.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Sorry, I missed a bunch of replies here!

I have had my Commando fore almost two months now, and I love it. It is my first smart phone, so I don't have anything too compare it to. I know the touch screen is not quite as sensitive as some of my friends' phones, but I'm used to it now. The sound is surprisingly good for music. The camera is not the greatest, but not that bad either. Overall, I am very happy with it.

If you have any specific questions about it, let more know. I'll check back here a little sooner.

Video Camera sound quality sucks! But the camera is ok. Now all you have to do is once your plan ends, throw it off a 6 story building, and see what happens:roll::wink:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Right! I'll probably do something similar without trying, so I'll just wait for that happen.

I really haven't even tried the video at all. We have a good camera for pics and video. I didn't get this for the camera or video, so that doesn't really bother me.

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Right! I'll probably do something similar without trying, so I'll just wait for that happen.

I really haven't even tried the video at all. We have a good camera for pics and video. I didn't get this for the camera or video, so that doesn't really bother me.

Well if you want to see video, check out my video on youtube with thte H1 going through the Mud pit. I decided to try to use it to see what happens, found out it sucks, but oh well, thats not why I got it! Its kinda amazing how similar the Casio is to the Hummer:wink: