• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.
  • The Swap Meet is not a regulated market, and buyers/sellers are not screened. Please do your homework before agreeing to anyone for any purchases or sales. If you have any questions about the user, please contact @Alrock via private message and I will attempt to provide any relevant information about the person, including location based on IP address. This is not a guarantee or promise of delivery but the addtional information may be helpful to you in your transaction. There are no guarantees here so use your judgement. Consider payment options like PayPal that have recourse (only when treated as a sale, and not as % between friends). Scammers will often use Zelle or ask for PayPal between friends because you cannot reclaim the money in the event of fraud or non-delivery. If a user has just joined and/or has few posts they should be viewed very cautiously.

F/S: H3 Hutchinson Beadlocks

tomp

Wife needs to get rid of H3 Hutchinson beadlocks. These have 295 BFG All Terrain tires mounted on them and the silver center caps with black stripe. They have never been offroad and frankly the wife will never need them. They will go to one lucky H3 owner. There is a complete set of 5 and we want $450 plus a complete set of factory chrome wheels, tires and TPM sensors (the beadlocks have sensors in them already but have been difficult to keep dash light cleared and a few of them might have fallen off of internal bracket). Dont want to ship these so preference is to swap wheels with somone in Dallas area.

SGT-Wright

I have OEM 2009 chrome luxury package wheels with Toyo AT 265/75R16 tires at about 3/4 or better tread left.Are theese the hutchinsons that were made as a special order with hummer caps? What is the tread life left on them? What year are the TPMS sensors? Mine are 2009 so they have lots of battery life left.

SGT-Wright

What is the full tire size? 295/70R17? Can you post a pic. I am really interested of they are the same wheels Bebe has on her H3. If I pay for and arrange the freight could you still deal with me?:)

Last edited:

Hunner

Put me in line for consideration.
I got a set of aluminum OEM wheels, that I have not used offroad with sensors. I could send pictures of each one. I traded the chrome ones that came on the Alpha for these. Unless she just has to have chrome. I got sensors and two types of center caps.
I could drive down and get them and bring these.
You could keep those tires.
1secondwind@comcast.net

Last edited:

SGT-Wright

Is this what it looks like? HutchensonH3.JPG

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Tomp,
If SGT-Wright's & Hunner's offers fall through, let me know. and I'll find a way to make this happen. I have a set of 5 OEM 2008 chrome luxury package wheels (w/TPMS sensors and center caps) with the stock 265/75R16 tires at about 3/4 or better.

tomp

Is this what it looks like? View attachment 1523

Yes, that is what they look like. The TPMs are on 2008 H3. The tires mentioned by solarflareh3 sound like them (295/75R16 BFGoodirch All Terrain T/A KO) but she is not home right now so not 100% sure on exact size. The tires have been rotated with spare so the tread varies. I will work with you on shipping, but only if you ship me wheels first so she wont be without a vehicle and you will need to arrange return freight and pickup. I will need a palet and large tie downs to strap things down on palet and return them to you.

tomp

she has to have chrome and honestly dont feel like disassembling them to remove her tires.

tomp

for anyone doubting this deal, I have been on here a long time and lost my significant post count when the server/site changed to the new name. This is a legitimate offering. If unsure of my credibility, please consult with long time members or moderators. I love these wheels but because she cant drive into any tire/wheel shop, I cant keep up with the maintenance and extra time required so she is going back to stock setup.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
This deal is for real - Tomp is definitely the real deal - I purchased 2 sets of his low profile shock mounts in the past (one of the best mods you can do for the H3/H3T IMO). If SGT-Wright can't ship his wheels in advance and Hunner's wheels don't fit the bill, let me know because my set of tires & wheels is sitting in my man cave & ready to go at a moment's notice.

Hunner

Yeah Tomp has been around for awhile, just not on here.
I would break them down and have the tires removed if we worked out something. However I understand if she has to have chrome.

I can share some info I ran into when I got mine from Detroit. It's going to come out anyway. On pallets they have to go truck freight. You would need to seperate them with plywood or heavy cardboard and wrap and band them. You have to ship from a business or be home with no guarantee when they will pick them up or deliver and pay for lift gate service at both ends. You can have them held at a depot and pick them up. They will give a day notice on delivery.
UPS wants them shrink wrapped. I had round plywood pieces put on both sides of mine and then wrapped.
It ran $100 EACH from there to Arkansas. To ship the chrome with tires will probably be about the same even though the weight is different because they go as odd size charge. I think the Hutchinsons are 50lbs each plus tires so the weight factors in also. That and a fuel charge is added in.
So that would be about $1000 shipping total.

Last edited:

Steve #1

I SOOOOOOO which I had a set of chrome wheels. Wouldn't need to ship I could be there to pick them up in 15 min. :gaah:

SGT-Wright

I found about the same price. I have quotes for residential delivery at about $500 each way. $1000 total + $450 = $1450 at the end of the day. New are $400 ea. shipped for a total $2000 and still have my daily driver wheels. I wish I was only a couple hrs away then this would be an easy decision.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
SGT, looking at the pro factors and making your decision, you'd still be saving > than $500.

SGT-Wright

I calculated driving and it would be about $924 in gas + lodging and time. Freight is obviously cheaper and I could ship first since the wheels are sitting in my garage floor now for the winter. Then use my container to ship the Hutchinsons back to me.

Hunner don't you already have 9 of these wheels?

tomp

Yeah Tomp has been around for awhile, just not on here.
I would break them down and have the tires removed if we worked out something. However I understand if she has to have chrome.

I can share some info I ran into when I got mine from Detroit. It's going to come out anyway. On pallets they have to go truck freight. You would need to seperate them with plywood or heavy cardboard and wrap and band them. You have to ship from a business or be home with no guarantee when they will pick them up or deliver and pay for lift gate service at both ends. You can have them held at a depot and pick them up. They will give a day notice on delivery.
UPS wants them shrink wrapped. I had round plywood pieces put on both sides of mine and then wrapped.
It ran $100 EACH from there to Arkansas. To ship the chrome with tires will probably be about the same even though the weight is different because they go as odd size charge. I think the Hutchinsons are 50lbs each plus tires so the weight factors in also. That and a fuel charge is added in.
So that would be about $1000 shipping total.

I have shipped about 8 sets of wheels with ties, using a freight service and never paid more than $400 all over the US. All I do is stack all 5 sets on a wooden palet and strap them down with 2 tie downs. They come to the house and pick them up or deliver them, either way - its always been about that same price.

SGT-Wright

This thread is on FIRE :horns:

Tomp, can you link me to who you get the shipping rate from? That would save another $200 round trip. I can easily palatize them in a verticle stack, and strap n wrap them. That makes about $1250 to upgrade wheels. Getting easier to make a decision. Hmmm

Hunner

I calculated driving and it would be about $924 in gas + lodging and time. Freight is obviously cheaper and I could ship first since the wheels are sitting in my garage floor now for the winter. Then use my container to ship the Hutchinsons back to me.

Hunner don't you already have 9 of these wheels?

Yeah but I need 1 more! to have two sets. I just thought I would keep 2 and sell the others to people that need a spare. Since it was only 5 hours away and I could go on down to Padre I thought I could make that happen. But, I don't have any chrome wheels.

Last edited: