• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer Recovering Stories

Sennin

Lets post up some recovery stories, with a Hummer doing the recovery :wink:

we could also analise the recovery and look for possible problems that can arise from the setup used during the recovery :thumbs:

I will go first:

We went to a local track this weekend, and after playing in the river, the Land Rover Discovery (Puma) was unable to exit the river (after a light drizzel)

The landy occupants started packing rocks to assist but this was done in vain
IMG_6063.jpg

after 9 or 10 attempts to scale the river bed, the landy finally gave way for the hummer, and low and behold, I scaled that lil slippery obstacle in the first attempt. Now it was time to get the Landy up there.
IMG_6080.jpg

IMG_6082.jpg

Unfortunately the strap was too long and the angle of recovery to great, the Hummer just slid close to the trees next to the water. So we tripple folded the recovery strap. and then slowly assisted the Landy up the river embankment.
IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

Sennin

Nice recovery!! What was the strap wrapped around on the land rover? That's not the front axle is it?

Nope, definately not the front axle :thumbs:

It was around the protector bar fitted to the Defender, can supposedly handle the full force of the defender slamming down on it. The Defender owner has since fitted decent recovery points front and back, and fitted a winch :giggle:

Steve #1

This one was funny. This guy stuck the Ford then stuck his Chevy trying to get it out. When we pulled up there were two trcks strapped together tugging on the for getting nowhere. Then the H1 hooks up to it and pulls each out without ever spinning a tire.

[video=youtube_share;Z7JOYIn1T3E]http://youtu.be/Z7JOYIn1T3E[/video]

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Ill post up my recovery by the end of the day, when i broke both tierods in a riverbed and the guy i was following broke his 4WD system:roll: We got to walk 3 miles out of the canyon

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
2011-05-15_12-23-47_540.jpg

2011-05-21_09-32-47_88.jpg

Heres my mechanic teaching me how to change tierods ( dont laugh:emb: At the time i didnt know anything and just had dealers fix my problems:wink: )

2011-05-21_09-35-19_438.jpg

2011-05-21_09-24-46_5.jpg

Its so happy its getting fixed!

2011-05-21_09-29-15_701.jpg

Now back when we where wheeling it:

2011-05-15_11-57-42_65.jpg

2011-05-15_11-41-54_887.jpg

The yota that blew the 4WD trying to drive up the "waterfall"

2011-05-15_11-40-59_468.jpg

2011-05-15_11-40-13_585.jpg

2011-05-15_11-50-18_719.jpg

2011-05-15_11-49-38_866.jpg

kflips

Do you need a chauffer to go with that mechanic?

I can drive, I can shoot, and I don't see anything going on in the back seat :wink:

Hunner

I thought this was going to be about people addicted to Hummers!
One lesson is don't put smart azz signs on your vehicle you may have to eat it.
attachment-2-1.jpg

If you are bold enough to put one on your vehicle at least be equipped to do it.
DAH_4809.jpg

This was at a dealer, wonder if they were giving a free tire cover with it.
131_0601_whps_03_z_2005_land_rover_lr3_practice_course_rollover.jpg

Oh well I guess it could go either way but I want pictures!

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
LOL, That is why I will never put any hating stickers on mine. We all get caught in bad situations one day or another. I have pulled out hummers, jeeps, yotas, Isuzu's etc. and I have been pulled out by hummers, jeeps, yotas isuzus etc. If I do see someone with a hummer hating sticker on and they need help I will make them take off the hating apparel before I help. :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Heres my mechanic teaching me how to change tierods ( dont laugh:emb: At the time i didnt know anything and just had dealers fix my problems:wink: )

Atleast your learning. When the H3 entered our family back in 05. I didnt know anything about cars, I didnt even know how to wash a car. I took the hose and sprayed it and thought it would come out clean lol. Now I have replaced my front diff, installed a rear locker, can weld, helped fix a grand cherokee that was about to die, built up a buggy motor, fabbed up my brothers light brackets for his Jeep JK, learned how to wire up lights, learned about CB's and the list goes on. You are never done learning but you gotta start somewhere. :thumbs:

MuDnYrI

Here's a video of me recovering a Tree :giggle: that fell on my House!

[video=youtube;NYDpId9bYPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDpId9bYPk[/video]

08H3

This will probably always be my favorite recovery. Moral of the story: Shoiwing off for girls will ALWAYS get you in trouble!
H4O01.jpg

Attachments

• H4O01.jpg
    H4O01.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 109

kflips

Here's a video of me recovering a Tree :giggle: that fell on my House!

[video=youtube;NYDpId9bYPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDpId9bYPk[/video]

Did you drive down the interstate to the dump??? that would be a hoot to see that driving down the road.

Neighbors must have loved that

MuDnYrI

Funny that you said that because when it happened my Wife andhad a hysterical conversation about driving down the Garden State Parkway towing a Tree!! :)

Scarsman

Sponsor
Last May H3slate, PNW-H3 and I were on the way up to Evans Creek when we found two young guys walking towards town. They said they were stuck and asked if we would give them a ride to town. About 10-12 miles behind us. I said, "Well, we could probably figure out a way to get you out." We drove them back in and found they had a lifted long bed crew cab Superduty stuck with it's right side in a ditch and sunk to the axles. Right beside it on the road they had a stock Wrangler sunk to the frame in the snow.I had just gotten my winch mounted, so it was a good test. The Jeep came right out easy. The Superduty pulled really hard, but came out. Turned out they were up there in the Jeep the night before and got it stuck. (with girls!) They walked out till they got cell service and called the other buddy with the Ford, who came up to help and promptly got stuck. Then they spent the night in the trucks.

[video=youtube;NmAQ29Z7p0o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmAQ29Z7p0o[/video]

[video=youtube;jzQ9_LOLt24]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzQ9_LOLt24[/video]

That's all for me with my Hummer, except for helping Hummer friends on the trail.

Last edited:

Neo

Badfish
i have a good one from last night ... we decided to run fins under the almost full moon and everything was going great . after playing on frenchies fin and going up and down the end we headed for the big downhill rollers next to the fenced area . Alrock and i were down and everything was good , we got out and went back to watch James and Kalib come down and when we got back to the truck the exhaust note had changed and the throttle response seemed down . we opened the hood and checked under the truck etc. nothing obvious so we limped towards the road and got onto sands flat for about a mile and she died .

James took me in tow and everything was going good until we got to about lions back when kalib said it was getting stinky back there . as we started down the steep part just below the cattle guard i was getting major brake fade , just about that time kalib screams the trucks on fire . James does a total cop menuver and gets us in the dirt instantly ( A big thanks Bro ). I bail out and grab a Fire Ext. rush to the back James is already there and we both let loose with them . with the massive cloud of Fire Powder from both extinguishers we cant see anything but the Brake fire was out . after some strap adjustment for length in the front and a strap for the rear to kalib for braking we just had to get thru the stop sign at the bottom of the hill and and then nice flat road for a mile to the house . that part was uneventfull and all went well .
the bros and speedy thought it was the fuel pump at the fire wall and thats what it was . Mikkel had a spare that he let me have ( thanks man )
speedy and i had the truck running in about 45 min. this morning , with speedy doing most the work :cheers: .

Thanks again to everyone and to Jay for helping so much ...

wait till they tell the golden spike recovery story ...:thumbs:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
great story. You guys seem so cool! I just gotta meet all of u already

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk