• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Buck'n Fraser Island - Qld Aussie

nugget

My son is getting married in March and as the best man’s wife is due to have a baby around the time you would normally have a bucks night, the boys decided to combine the bucks night with their passions of 4WD’ing, camping and drinking, not necessarily in that order.

The end result was a 4 day bucks show on the magnificent Fraser Island with 10 blokes, 8 4WD’s, 3 trail bikes and ½ a boat.

The trip kicked off with a nights camping at Inskip Point so we could get the early barge over to Fraser as low tide was very early. A couple of bucks night traditions were soon rolled out….

A beer tower….2 tubes with the centre one filled with beer and the outer filled with beer….

A couple of beer wenches to make sure the boys didn’t get thirsty..

The girls were very talented and one even helped out in another of the boys traditions…getting on the grog and then giving each other funny haircuts which only qualify if guaranteed to put one in the dog house for a month on returning home….

Jake went for the straight over look…

Tassie went for the down the centre look which seriously cracked me up so much I couldn’t look at him all weekend with laughing…

jakesbucks0030.jpg

nugget

Combination of very soft sand, tyres not being let down and sore heads resulted in a couple of the boys getting bogged heading to the barge

jakesbucks0073.jpg

Jake got a few strange looks getting the recovery gear in a French Maids outfit he had to wear for the day

The boys headed up the eastern beach in convoy

Breakfast at the infamous Eli Creek and “Unit 38”, Alex’s tinnie rated to one adult and a legless midget was soon getting its bottom wet and was a big hit with the visiting Dutch back packers

A couple of beers at Indian Head to wash down breakfast is compulsory in this neck of the woods

The bikes came out it was soon a mono-a-thon

Followed by a some drags, complete with starter in a French Maids uniform with hairy legs

Last edited:

nugget

That night Jake morphed from French Maid to ”Charlene” the beer wench

Time get some serious fishing and luckily Chris is a gun at catching worms. The young guys were hopeless and Chris was trying to teach them but ended up having to use his hands so he could slow the process down enough fore the young blokes to catch on. Chris reckons that normally he would catch the worms between his big and first toes!!!!

Heading up the beach looking for a good fishing spot

Unit 38 tended to leak a bit but was perfect on dry land…

Jake ended up wearing a clown suit for the rest of the trip and yes…I still have the body and the T shirt!!!

Tassie wasn’t having any luck fishing so decided to join them but still came out empty handed. Tinned food was looking good for tea

nugget

The boys were keeping themselves entertained

After a few beers, Alex is hopeless on water and much not better on dry land..

Tassie eventually got onto a patch and reeled a couple in. Not sure if he needed to kill them as I think they died of fright when they saw who had caught them!!

Sand was very soft getting over Ngkala Rocks so tassie would up the big Diesel V8 in the Land cruiser

The boys certainly knew how to whoof down the tucker

Day 4 an the pace was starting to take its toll…a bit of time out for Nelbo

Jimmy bought along a sand tyre and didn’t that sucker send out a rooster tail!!

A huge 4 days and a great way for my son to start the transition from single to married and I was really grateful to be able to share it.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Wow, what a great four day event! BTW, you're invited to Moab anytime - well, anytime you bring along those beer wenches! :)