• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Upgrade foot lighting area

SolidusJ

So how many of you hate the poor lighting of the feet area when you jump into your cab? Have something on the floor on the back seat at night? Well you better have a flash light to find it. After 5 years with my T I have done something about it rather then B*&^ about it with 3 LED white blocks. The plan is one under the dash second under the front seat pointing to the firewall and the last one under the front seat Well lets go to it shall we?

Few things your going to need. Also some double sided tape, the black and white wire is 14G and need about 5 feet worth.

Find the OEM foot light and you will see a ORANGE and WHITE wire. Orange is positive and white is negative. It is a real tight area to work so be ready to get ticked off.

First light smack in the middle screw it in place.

Passenger side you can double side tape it in on the flat metal under the dash.

Now run the wire under the center dash.

I'm not sure is every one knows how to tap into wire already in place so here's how. Get you wire cutter and remover about 1" of the outer wire.

Put your finger in the middle and open it right up.

Get your harness ready.

Now place the wire needed in the center.

Spin the together.

All done.

Be sure the that harness has more then enough room to go forward and backward with the seat and make sure it won't get cut.

Under the seat be sure to get some tough double side tape.

Run the rest to the rear.

Connect the harness and place it under the rail.

In the back of the seat there's a nice metal flat place and again use double side tape.

Looking better then before and I'll post more photos tonight.

Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Great write up for a functional mod. :cheers:

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

SolidusJ

The front seat one feel off but I found a flat metal spot in the center of the seat that works great. I'm really happy I did this mod and now I need to change the doom lights the LED's next.

RamRod

Great mod!

I changed all the dome lights to LED first and need to do this now, we are on opposite mod schedules lol

SolidusJ

Great mod!

I changed all the dome lights to LED first and need to do this now, we are on opposite mod schedules lol

Could you give me the the sizes to both the lights up there? Next week I plan to install the last 4 lights on each door pointing at the ground when its open. I think this is over kill but I didn't but the kit to just keep some light laying around doing nothing!!!!

The rear lights are really my favorite out the whole set, just funny never having any lights back there and now BOOM with the LED's

RamRod

Those rear foot well lights would be nice to have!

I just bought a kit off of eBay and it sends you an adapter for the main styles of dome lights, then the LED's have a plug that can fit into any of the adaptors that are included, and BOOM, new LED interior lights!

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Great mod Solid! :thumbs: Although, my feet don't need the extra lighting unless I'm driving barefoot! :wink: