• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Mpg

BW_Hummer H3

The best ours have got is around 13.5 on the highway. Also 08-09 have a different motor and the get better mpgs.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
The best ours have got is around 13.5 on the highway. Also 08-09 have a different motor and the get better mpgs.

Engine is not the big factor, even though it is a bit more fuel efficient. The major factor will be the two added OD gears.

6-Speed trans:
1st Gear Ratio

2nd Gear Ratio

3rd Gear Ratio

4th Gear Ratio

5th Gear Ratio

6th Gear Ratio

vs.

4-speed trans:
1st Gear Ratio
3.059:1

2nd Gear Ratio
1.625:1

3rd Gear Ratio
1.000:1

4th Gear Ratio
0.696:1

kd7irm

Regular Guy
Have gotten 24mpg going from Bagdad to phx, but on the way back the average slips to about 14mpg, using a ScanGauge 2. But that's in a H3....... sorry.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Big2dabank

I range between 13.5 and 12.5 with the airdoc intake an AFE filter and magna flow exhaust. I drive about 60% highway and 40% city most of the time. If I run just under 65 I can get her into the 14.5 to 15 range if I baby it. 70 to 80 mph kills the mpg.

kf6jxf

Probationary Member
I'm flirting with 17 mpg average in my '07 H3. Was stock when we bought it 18+ months ago, and I've tracked it ever since then. First few tanks after buying it, we ran high 14's, low 15's. The two mods I've done have been a magna flow muffler (not a full cat back), an AirDoc, and and AFE filter. Each mod has bumped the mpgs up a little to what I'm averaging now. I have had as high as 21 on a trip to SoCal.

Kurt

I'm getting 13-15mpg on local driving and highway. I rarely go above 65mph, my mileage just goes to crap above that point.

Best mileage I got was 18 driving down the 101 from San Francisco to LA going 55 mph following my Dad in a semi truck [speed limit 55]. But that's unrealistic to sustain anywhere else :)

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
I call BS on claims up to 17 on a stock deuce. I just topped off today at 12mpg in ours with my wife driving--I'd never see anything that good, my highest was 11mpg.
Our truck is stock at 48K miles.
I'd even think we should gain a few bonus mpg with chrome instead of the aerodynamic depleting black hood handles, side air vents, grill guard and so on, chrome is just smoooooth........

Zach

Mall Crawler
On the freeway following the H1's to a run i get my best gas mileage. Usually driving between 60 -65, I am getting 12.5. When I first got it, I was averaging 12.5 overall. My average otherwise is 10.5 - 10.7 combined. I do have a lot of weight added and running 37's so, it isn't that bad with all the changes I have made. :)

Scarsman

Sponsor
On the freeway following the H1's to a run i get my best gas mileage. Usually driving between 60 -65, I am getting 12.5. When I first got it, I was averaging 12.5 overall. My average otherwise is 10.5 - 10.7 combined. I do have a lot of weight added and running 37's so, it isn't that bad with all the changes I have made. :)

I am about the same. We just made two trips back and forth across the entire state of WA, and the highest I saw was 13.7. That was on a fairly flat stretch, and there was an insane tail wind for much of it. Otherwise it is high 11s low 12s. This is with 37x12.50s, and winch and roof rack with large lights on the front. Also had a load on the rack. Speeds were 60-65 mostly, and there is no such thing as flat ground in Washington.

The besty I have EVER seen with it was when it was still bone stock on about a 40 mile trip on truly flat ground. It got up to 14.9. But then we hot some hills and it went right back down again.

It seems that after adding the 37s and the roof rack we dropped about 1 mpg. Normal town and back driving used to be 12, now runs about 11. Maybe someday I'll do gears and see what that does.

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
It seems that after adding the 37s and the roof rack we dropped about 1 mpg. Normal town and back driving used to be 12, now runs about 11. Maybe someday I'll do gears and see what that does.

People told me that when I changed gears, my mileage would go up. I haven't seen that big of a change with the gear change. But with all the extra weight that could play into it too. I am also running the Superchips 91 octane tune. The only thing noticeable with the gear change is that it is not constantly downshifting up a grade. And in low lock first gear, I can go down a fairly steep hill without ever having to touch the brakes. Going uphill it just creeps up the hill with barely giving any power.

Last edited:

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I really wish our trucks had a trip computer...it's beyond maddening to my brain that my buddy's '02 Blazer has a more advanced trip calculator than my '09 H3T Alpha.

jackie-chan.jpg

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
yea the H3(T) trip is kinda basic...It has no info whatsoever. My recommendation is to get a scangauge. They also can clear codes too which is nice.

Tractordoll

With the gobi roof rack and the 37's, the best I do is around 10 at 65 and maybe 9 at 75. But it moves along pretty well :). Hey at least I got a thumbs up on the highway Sunday from a guy passing me in an Audi R8 :)

shawndondo

Zombie Slayer
Engine is not the big factor, even though it is a bit more fuel efficient. The major factor will be the two added OD gears.

6-Speed trans:
1st Gear Ratio

2nd Gear Ratio

3rd Gear Ratio

4th Gear Ratio

5th Gear Ratio

6th Gear Ratio

vs.

4-speed trans:
1st Gear Ratio
3.059:1

2nd Gear Ratio
1.625:1

3rd Gear Ratio
1.000:1

4th Gear Ratio
0.696:1

F5, are you referencing a H3 with a 6 speed? I thought they only came in either the 5 speed manual or the 4 speed auto.

I normally get 15.5 city and highway. running 305's and i have about 200LBs of gear in the back.....always ready for the ZOMBIE Apocalypse