• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

The Bottle Jack gets a Facelift

Trekker

That Guy
Cool accessories that make your typical bottle jack more useful for vehicles with higher clearance.

http://ht.ly/pR4Fy

10253123563_d211a2487d.jpg

10252919984_df7d6d5dfa_z.jpg

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I like all the adapters for the top of the jack, but the base doesn't look too friendly to unlevel ground. I also couldn't find the lifting capacity. It isn't always possible to find a level stop to jack from. I'd like to see a base with a tilting base and simple supports on the sides to secure it at a fixed angle.

4speedfunk

Nice piece. Its easy to lull yourself into thinking a Hi-Lift is all you need on the trail. But Hi-lifts can only raise the body. Every once in awhile you need to jack up an axle tube or A-arm...and the Hi-lift is too big to get underneath the truck. I always carry a good ole fashioned bottle jack for this reason.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
I wouldn't waste my money on that. I grab Jeep Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, or the best "Liberty" bottle jack out from under the passenger side rear seat in junkyards for $5.00 dollars. You will be shocked at how extended it can get.

Jeep-Bottle-Jack.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the H1s if you have a flat you cannot get a bottle jack under the jacking points. I carry one anyway because that usually isn't the issue but I really like the jack in the first post.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I really like the jack in the first post.

Me too but with the 2 base plate accessories added at an extra cost, that bottle jack will cost you $275. If someone decides to get one, it would be very helpful if you'd post up a review.