• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - Impromptu run - October 12, 2013

cbetts

NERD!!!
Anybody wanna go wheeling this coming Saturday? With everyone at Moab and my work schedule blocking Sleeping Princess, I just gotta scratch the itch a bit. I am up for anything in SoCal.

EDIT -

Here is the "official" info:

Description: Last Chance Canyon (LCC) is a fun trail with intermediate boulder crawling. We recommend trucks to have at least 33" tires and steps removed. Lockers and rock rails are helpful but not required. Most of the run will take place in the bottom of a canyon with one steep hill climb. This is a good trail for beginners to learn technical driving.

When
: October 12th, 2013

Where: Garlock, CA

Time: 10am we will be hitting the trails. We will be meeting around 9:30 to air down and a quick safety meeting. Expect a full day of trails so bring a lunch to eat while we wheel.

Meeting Spot: Trailhead on the south end of the canyon just off of Randsburg Road. :link:

Trails: Last Chance Canyon

We will be heading north up Last Chance Canyon. If time is good, we will swing by the Burro Schmidt Mine. We will then come back down Last Chance Canyon on the way back out. If time gets short, we can take the quick route out Mesquite Canyon.

Communications: CB channel 37

Weather: Temperatures have quite a range here. I recommend bringing a warm clothing in case it becomes a long night. Bring sunscreen and lots of water.

Post Trail Meal
: We will be having dinner at Domingo's in Boron. It is a good place in between both routes home. :link:

Confirmed Attendance:

cbetts - H3
[strike]Nacho - H3[/strike]
Poncho1965 - H3
Fish - H2

Possible Attendance:

[strike]Zach - H2[/strike]
bigbadt - H1?
[strike]AAMCO - H2[/strike]

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
As we spoke earlier. Trying to fit this in. JB? Might want to remove the anything lol

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I'm going to be in Vegas for my friends 21st next Saturday but you may want to look into miller jeep trail. It's a fun trail and I did it with no locker and no lift years ago. I took all the bypasses back then but it's fun...and it dumps you into Gorman after the trail is over. I want to do an event on miller but haven't yet because I want to make sure an H1 will fit on the trail

bebe

Looks like a Winter Snow storm may hit the Southern Sierras towards the end of this week. Have you guys thought about Cougar Buttes?

Zach

Mall Crawler
Awesome! You good with Big Bear? If not, maybe we can get a little closer, like Cleghorn.

Zach?

Hey Craig. Lol. Still working on it. GM is much more of a challenge since you ran it last. Seems all of BB is a challenge. Cleghorn. I'm comfortable to a point. If you miss the bypass. No bueno. Been towed home from there lmao. Would be nice to get out. Any thought to LCC? Mike is close and he can make us dinner jk

cbetts

NERD!!!
I was starting to crave Domingo's as I ws typing that last post!

Jared? You game? I also sent a message to Ant. I think he might be busy with his Police show though.

bigbadt

Can I bring my 1 without beating it to hell ? Haven't got my electronics or extra parts yet.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Someday we should check out the Main Divide trail in the Cleveland National Forest. I did it a couple weeks ago and there were some very challenging side routes, not to mention the main trails are a lot rougher than ever. One of the Cherokee's I was with almost rolled on one hill. He looked like Craig on LCC! He backed down and we bypassed it. Anyway, it is so close to me I gotta check it out again. I think I have bad bushings in my steering rack. I need to get it fixed before SP13 otherwise I'd join you in LCC.