• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Load Range C ?

Hummbo

My buddy has a set of new Goodyear MTR Kevlars 35s with load range C. I would love to put them on my H2 but am I making a big mistake???

I understand the vehicle weighs around 6400 and the load range C would get me around 7000. Now if I tow something with a tongue weight of 400# we are close to the limit.

Any feedback appreciated.

PS. The price is right, thats why I am considering it.

THX

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Load Range C would get you to 9620# wouldn't it? 2405 x 4? Load index for the H2 is 3200#. I didn't know that the 35" Kevlar MTR was a "C" load range tire. I thought it was a "D". I ran the 35" Kevlar MTR on my H3 Alpha for awhile. Not sure on the duece.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Personally I wouldn't run a C tire on a vehicle as heavy as a H2. They will feel "squishy" and you'll notice a lot of sway. If you swerved hard or took a corner a little hot the sidewalls would roll over a lot. I bought a Suburban once that had C rated tires on it and I couldn't get them off fast enough. Felt dangerous when making an emergency swerve. I would consider a D rate tire the minimum for me personally to feel comfortable on a H2.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

Hummbo

Thanks guys. I will save my money until I can get the right package. I was trying to talk myself into it.

On a slightly different note. I have notice when driving on the freeway (especially over the mountains) when taking corners/s curves around 60mph my H2 wants to wonder. To the point it is a bit un-nerving (polite way of saying scary without alarming my wife and kids in the passenger seats). Any one know if this is normal or some kind of linkage movement?

Hummbo

I think I will have to go talk to Knight Metal Works sometime. He is only a few miles from my fathers boat shop in Marysville to understand the idler arm/pitarm suggestions better. I would like to go after those and the shocks shortly.

Yes Messia. I have the air ride. Took a trip to northern bc a few months ago where we travel about 30 miles back on some gravel roads and I never felt such a good ride. My father was in the passengers seat drinking an adult beverage and when we arrived at the lake he told everyone at the campfire that "at least once before they die, you have to experience a ride in a H2".

Thanks again for the help. I will look into the arms, its difficult to explain but definitely something I have not felt as much as this when it comes to the wonder.

Scarsman

Sponsor
I'm about 30-40 minutes from Marysville, towards Monroe. Let me know when you're on the area. Well have to meet up some time for sure.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2