• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Scuba!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I was in that deep once - and it sucked. Water in rear diff and transfer case. Changed transmission and front diff fluilds as well to be cautious.

I also hit one of those concrete filled iron poles with a cement base that is used to keep vehicles off of sidewalks. It was under the water in the lake (at an angle) and hit it with the bumper and drove over it.

Anyway, going through water that deep made me realize I never want to go through that deep again. (I did it w/o snorkel, about the same distance.)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I am open to all types of wheeling. No matter what terrain count me in but water like that gives me the most fear. Electrical issues are way worse then a dent from a rock. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I stay away from water unless it's a SAR situation or a competition. Even then in the H3 I wouldn't do it unless I have figured out a way to waterproof the BCM.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Safari Snorkel is on my to-do list, I actually have a spare painted passenger side fender to use. I don't plan on doing any deep water crossing but it will be a precautionary measure and lets face it, they just look bad ass :wink:

H3slate

Brush raked
I bet he got water under his carpet. The door seals are not that great, I have been in a similar puddle and got water in the rear door. I also lost my front license plate, but that was ready to fall off anyway. :giggle:

It is a cool looking 3!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I bet he got water under his carpet. The door seals are not that great, I have been in a similar puddle and got water in the rear door. I also lost my front license plate, but that was ready to fall off anyway. :giggle:

It is a cool looking 3!
I've had water under the carpet on the passenger side twice, never on the driver's side. Not a big issue here in AZ - roll down the windows, park it in the sun and you're dry in an hour or two.

H3slate

Brush raked
I've had water under the carpet on the passenger side twice, never on the driver's side. Not a big issue here in AZ - roll down the windows, park it in the sun and you're dry in an hour or two.

It's the complete opposite here, remove the seats, center console, pull out carpet, and let it dry for two weeks. I have had to pull my carpet twice, once was from a sunroof drain leak, the other was from a leak from the rear fender flare grommets. :gaah:

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
:agree::giggle: Dont really like the look he has. To bad on Craigslist you cant post comments:wink: Someone should call and ask if he has ever been offroad and if he said it hasnt, to say you saw the video:)

reaper

:giggle:I feel sorry for ever buys it.

Dude, you're such a hippocrite!!! That is SO FREAKING bad-ass. If it's in good shape, there's no reason not to buy it. Shoot, he should post that video in his for-sale ad!!!

But yeah, he shouldn't lie. :( He should just say what a bad-ass muthertrucker he is.

BW_Hummer H3

Dude, you're such a hippocrite!!! That is SO FREAKING bad-ass. If it's in good shape, there's no reason not to buy it. Shoot, he should post that video in his for-sale ad!!!

But yeah, he shouldn't lie. :( He should just say what a bad-ass muthertrucker he is.

I agree with you it is a bad-azz truck, but like you said since the add wasn't 100% truth full I would trust him. Plus I wouldn't feel comforable buying any used offroad vehicle unless I know the owner.

Big2dabank

I am not sure what you guys are worried about. I would use the fact that you know the truck has seen some abuse and the fact that he has not been forthcoming about it to get him to shave more off the price. No telling what else he is being untruthfull about, besides you may end up with a sweet deal.

Hell my truck has seen some abuse, but it still runs and drives like the day I bought it.

4speedfunk

Nothing wrong with that crossing. I've done deeper than that with no issues (door seals, electronics, or fluids). Its critical to keep moving...if you stop, thats when you'll have big problems. I would have no problem buying that truck, and I don't think he's doing anything beyond its limits. He's taken the necessary precaution (snorkel) and seems to be experienced with deep crossings. The worst case scenario is that there may be something under water he doesn't know about (tree, old car, beaver dam, giant boulder, etc.)...but, this is a text book crossing.

BTW...the ARB snorkel is NOT a poser piece...it works great and this vid proves it. If you're are suspect of an H3's past...just go buy a mall-crawler. God knows there are plenty to choose from! :roll: