• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Loving my new H2 but have a couple of questions...

2007HummerH2

Been loving the new ride.....love the yellow too!
I installed a new intermediate steering shaft. The old one was frozen, and causing a nice clunk in the steering wheel. Just got it aligned yesterday. Looking back at the history a dealership aligned it around 27K and set the steering wheel off center and the toe was out. Drives great now!
Have a couple of questions:

2007 H2 with 39,000 miles

1)I would like to replace the steering stabilizer shock...it feels a little worn out. Should I go with another stock unit or does anyone know about an upgraded one that fits like the stock one? I had a rancho in my other H2 and didn't like the way it went on....seemed kinda cheezy.

2)I noticed that my temp gauge goes up to normal operating temp, around 190 or so, then it drops down to the line between 160-210. Sometimes it's fine, but more often than not it likes to hang on the line in between. If I'm in the city and sitting it usually starts working just fine. Seems temperamental :p
I know I have read posts about faulty gauge clusters, but I'm thinking this has to do with the temp gauge only. What should I check?

LoJac963

For the steering stabilizer I too bought a Rancho and resold it after finding out how it attaches....extremely cheesy. The Bilstein I believe it is will be a direct replacement from what I've read. As for the temp gauge the only way to tell would be to put a reader on it to see what the computer is showing for the temp. That way you could rule out the stepper motor going bad on the temp gauge. Other than that it may be the thermostat going bad and opening/closing at the wrong times.

2007HummerH2

For the steering stabilizer I too bought a Rancho and resold it after finding out how it attaches....extremely cheesy. The Bilstein I believe it is will be a direct replacement from what I've read. As for the temp gauge the only way to tell would be to put a reader on it to see what the computer is showing for the temp. That way you could rule out the stepper motor going bad on the temp gauge. Other than that it may be the thermostat going bad and opening/closing at the wrong times.

Thanks for the reply. I watched the temp gauge yesterday. When I first started the 2 it went up to temp and then slowly dropped down to the middle line. Stayed there most of the day. A couple of times I started the 2 and the needle went right up where it should be and then dropped. I picked up a new temp sensor. Maybe the oem one is going bad. I'll try that and see where it gets me.

2007HummerH2

I ordered the Bilstein.....I should have it anyday now! Should make a huge difference.

Still watching the temp gauge. It is still hanging on the line between 0 and 210. I think it's 185. I wonder if someone put a lower thermostat in this beast. It came out of Miami, FL.