• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

06 supercharged titan

07Custom

Hey auto geniuses haha, my dad is looking into buying an 06 titan that has a stillen supercharger in it. I understand that it needs premium fuel, but I just got a call from the dealer telling me "oh I just thought you ought to know that once the tank gets lower than half a tank the supercharger shuts down into safety mode and you can only go about 30mph. If you keep it above half a tank its perfect."

What the hell right? Is this true, I cant find anything about this online. I'm not an auto genius but I'm not dumb either. That can't be right.

What do you guys think?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
That sounds ridiculous and when you go on a road trip you would have to stop constantly.

Test drive it with less then half a tank and see if its true. Even then I would step away from the deal, the dealership sounds dumb and remember the troubles you have now with your 3, you don't want anther one like that.

I'm sure it can be fixed and be reliable but that takes mechanical know how and patience

Kyle

I mean the only thing i can possibly think of is that below half a tank the gas tank is so large that the fuel goes to the back of the tank when you accelerate fast and when you do that it starves the engine of gas since it ran to the back of the tank. I have some friends with turbos that have that issue on there cars.

Sent from the top of a mountain in my h3

RamRod

The supercharger that is on my T "shuts down" went there is low vacuum pressure.... you can hear it the second it stops compressing and the second it kicks back in.... Didn't know that until I started reading the Magnuson website/manual

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD