• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Shout out to Hummer Warranty + Criswell Chevy in Gaithersburg

ArtHummer

Recently my transmission crapped out on my and I had drop it of the a dealership for repairs.
The problem started on Thursday so I called the Criswell's and scheduled a visit for the next morning. Next day I was there and explained to a service adviser about my problem and told him that it have to be fixed under warranty. He told me that the transmission guy was out on vacation and will be back next Monday and he got a line of cars waiting for him, so he will not be able to get to my truck till Wednesday. I told him that the truck is not in drivable condition and I will need a rental and the rental should be covered by the warranty as well. The reply was that they will not pay for the rental until they will confirm that it is a transmission issue and it is covered by the warranty. I tried to convince him but with no luck. So, right there I called the Hummer Warranty hotline and explained them my situation about the rental. The lady was very nice and told me that the decision should come from dealership and not from GM, but she will follow up to see if she will be able to bring service manager and gm manager on a solution. I was upset and out of hopes. It looked like I had to pay for 5 days of rental out of my own pocket. I scheduled the next appointment for the Wednesday, drove my truck back to work and got a rental car.
On Wednesday, I returned the rental and dropped my truck of for repairs. Few hours later I got a call from them to confirm that this is trany and it is covered by warranty and they will provide me with rental. Same day I got a call from the lady in Hummer Warranty. She told me that she got a record that my truck is in service and that I should get a rental. I explained here that this wasn't the problem, the problem was with my out of pocket expenses on rental for the days that dealership could not service my truck. She apologized that she did not understood this initially and promised to check and get back on that... Honestly I had no hopes that something will work out. I was already fine with the idea and just wanted to get my truck back...
I was pleasantly surprised when she was calling me every other day to notify of what was going on with repairs, she called me when the pars where ordered, when the parts where received to the dealership and on the day when the repairs where complete (she called me even before the dealership did) On last call she told me that she talked to Mike (Criswell Chevy Service Manager) and GM and the decision was that GM should refund the me the money that I spend on the rental expanses out of my own pocket. I was really surprised of such a pleasant outcome. Few hour later I got a call from Mike that I can pick my truck up. Later I met him and gave him the receipt for rental, he checked my phone number and address and said that GM will send me a refund in few weeks.
I was really pleasantly surprised by the service and courtesy of the people in Hummer Warranty and just wanted to give them a shout out for a job well done. :thumbs:

MessiaH2

That is great news and congrats. I really wish I had known about Hummer warranty years ago.

I had MessiaH2 in the shop 3 times from about 40,000 until 100,000 miles and i was complaining that the transmission seems to be slipping or at least not shifting correctly. Every time they ran it, put it to the test and came back and said it was me, nothing is wrong. The last two times i was more certain about the shift patterns and the slipping. Still they would NOT Fix it as they said nothing was wrong but gave me a slight break on a full transmission service for it. Which I actually think helped for a little while anyway.

Needless to say when I hit 106,000 miles the transmission went completely and I was just OUT of WARRANTY. I went back and forth with the dealer and GM and received ZERO. :gaah:

I went and had my Transmission rebuilt at a local shop (not happy with the dealer) and to me it still seems like it drags and slips...Like the shift sensors are not working right or something. Had it back to this guy many times and he did find some cracked sensors or something he replaced but I am still convinced something is wrong. When my Son drives it he says it is also very obviously not shifting correctly. Obviously i am clearly in the wrong here! LOL