• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

USDA Travel Management & Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Program

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Thanks for sharing, did you find anything local?
Yeah, tons o' local trails out here. Mostly GWNF, I have lots of detailed maps and trail info for our area. To be honest I've never been a fan of those amusement park style 4x4 areas, so if anyone ever has time to go explore a few NOVA trails I'd be game. Tis' the season.....

:cheers:

MtnRsqDawg

Hey Rich, good to hear from you! I too am not a big fan of the amusement park style 4x4 areas unless its for testing mods out. I really dig the camel trophy style of 4wheeling. Finally got my fly rod together so I'm thinking a possible 4wheeling/fishing run may be in order...

supersapper-rpm

"The Dude"
Just my personal preference on the pay to play parks with a 30,000 dollar daily driver that I cant afford to fully destroy(yet), but hey if I still had my 5000 dollar trail rig on a trailer I'd go out there and smash the living hell out of it as often as possible and with a huge smile on my face. Matt, you read my mind, lets go hit the trails when you get some time. Some wheeling, fishing and maybe a fish fry lunch if we catch anything decent sounds like a great time to me. Art it'd be great if you wanted to tag along as well.... Plenty of tough trails out there and we don't have to end up on some HUMMER haters FB page sayin' "stupid hummer does (fill in the blank) at RC". We are very lucky to have these online resources to help us find public land open to OHV, like what art posted from USDA. Lets go check a few out....

:cheers:

Last edited:

MtnRsqDawg

I'm sensing a wheeling/fishing recon expedition on the horizon here... June's gonna be tough though, son's bday, daughter graduates HS and then summer vaca. I'm gonna start checking out some of the trails on the site Art provided and then try and match them up with another site I have for fishing spots. Keep y'all posted :thumbs:

bendyprissy

I thought I lucked out because I live right next to Sam Houston National Forest, just recently started to check out some of the service roads which so far have been mostly like simple dirt/gravel roads. There is some pretty scenery out there. But when I went to look at the multi-use trails, they looked like they were going to be a too-tight fit for my H3. So I went to the Rangers Station to ask if it was legal for my H3 to ride those trails and they said no that they're only for ATV's and dirt bikes. Wish I could find the ones for full-size OHV's; however, in that very forest they just found the body of a murdered female postal worker. And then at work I found out that it has been the dumping ground for multiple bodies.

Well fantastic, yet one more place I can't go without hubby. Running out of places here. I work nights so I have a different schedule from oh, say, everyone else on the planet. So I can't always have a buddy to go places & I wanted a tame, scenic version of off-roading that I would not have to form a group to go with & to be able to go on a whim. That leaves the beach & while I love the beach, I would like a change of scenery. If anyone has any suggestions then I'm all ears.