• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Superchips worth it on a H2?

2007HummerH2

Read some of the posts concerning superchips...but most of them are on the H3's.
Was thinking of doing it to my H2. It just is so doggy between 40-50mph, and the torque convertor doesn't like it either. Was curious if anyone is running their H2 with the tune, and if it makes a difference....

Zach

Mall Crawler
I have the Superchips flaspaq and running the 91 octane tune. It firms out the shift points. Main reason I got it was to correct the speedo for the 4.88 gears and 37" tires. It does make a difference off the line from when I put the 37's on, it has more get up and go

Scarsman

Sponsor
I'm running the Diablo Predator on the 87 tune, and I'm really happy with it. Shifting is way better, and better power. The 91 tune is very noticeable. Enough that my wife cam even feel it! And that takes a lot! Its just that 91 is $4.25 here!

Anyway, you can do custom tunes with it too.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

autumn walker

I'm running the flashpaq on mine - have tried various tunes. I would say there is a bit of a difference on the 91 tunes, but not worth the retail price.

I have heard great things about the Diablo tuner.

2007HummerH2

thanks for the replies! I'm basically looking to get rid of the searching of the torque convertor between 40-50mph....drives me crazy! Especially since this rig has an aftermarket Billy Boat exhaust.....it's noticeable, trust me!

Jwy1966

Ran the Diablo in tune on mine (87 tune). Made little bit of a difference. For almost 2 days hen it seemed to revert back to old tune ( or i just got used to it) Friend referred Black Bear Performance tuning so I ordered one hope to have it by end of week for data logging period. Will Post results when I have em.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
I ran the Superchips on all my H2's. Daily drivability improves with the shift points and raised rev limiter. It comes in handy for reading DTC's as well. Don't; expect huge improvements, but was a welcomed mod on mine. shift points I ran +3, +4, and +5. Increased shift firmness, increased rev limiter. That's off the top of my head though. I will have to go back through my notes to make sure that is 100% accurate.

ADOR

Hey Tim. Can you explain how to program that shift points on your H2s? I have a 2005 H2, with 4.88 gears, and 38 tires. I already programmed for the tires and gear. But not on shift points. My flashpaq programmer did not have specific guidelines to program for H2. Thanks.

It makes the shifts a little quicker/ harder. Good if you drive in higher elevation or running loaded down or towing.

SummitUp

High On Hummers!
I'm running the Diablo Predator on the 87 tune, and I'm really happy with it. Shifting is way better, and better power. The 91 tune is very noticeable. Enough that my wife cam even feel it! And that takes a lot! Its just that 91 is $4.25 here!
I'm running the Diablo Predator on the 91 octane tune. I also run on 85 octane gas with the 91 tune... just one of the perks of living at 9000 ft. elevation! Never had any knocking or detonation, even at Moab's elevation. Diablo 91 octane tune rules!

Torque management is disabled, speedometer corrected for 4.56 gears and 37" KM2's, shift points adjusted, etc.

Example:

Predator-Settings_zps0dc0429b.jpg~original

Last edited:

Scarsman

Sponsor
Since this thread started I put the 91 tune back in. It really does make a noticeable difference!

How did you get that chart?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

GreyGhost

I just installed the superchips on my truck. I'm only gonna use 87 tune but want to use some advanced tuning. Not sure what all to do or set it at. Just thought I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Can anyone add more info?

autumn walker

I just installed the superchips on my truck. I'm only gonna use 87 tune but want to use some advanced tuning. Not sure what all to do or set it at. Just thought I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one. Can anyone add more info?

I would say unless you know what you are doing you might want to stick with their default tunes. I am running 91 Performance on mine with the tire size specified at 38" to match my tires; I have left all the shift points / firmness stock. I don't see any need to remove the rev limiter, etc.

Caraddict

I have a super chips on my 06 H2...running 91 performance tune...changed tire settings (only went as high as 38" tire(programmer only goes this high...I have 40") and changed the gear ratio to stock 4.10 and I can see a difference...I'm actually getting better mpg & can feel a power increase...I have not messed with shift points but would like to as on the highway I feel doggy unless i kick it down a gear which I know over time will wear the clutches...only reasonI bought it from a forum owner for $175 including shipping...I really wanted an Edge but couldn't pass up the deal...

Last edited: