• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H1 and Isham Canyon

poncho1965

Ah yes true. Anyone interested in the Panamint canyons might like to sign up, good info here. I'm still interested in one day taking the SoCal peeps on some of these trails, some nice moderate trails and awesome views.

Mike

poncho1965

They spoke of Mengel Pass also. I went up there and turned around when the guys I was with were unwilling to attempt the pass :) this is up Golar wash, where you can see Manson's cabin.

Mike

Nacho

Now with Chese
They spoke of Mengel Pass also. I went up there and turned around when the guys I was with were unwilling to attempt the pass :) this is up Golar wash, where you can see Manson's cabin.

Mike

I have been interested in doing this Trail

Ron B

won't let me register for some reason. Somebody post pics here -- love to see the trail. Lot of great stuff out there

poncho1965

Yah lots of good stuff to see and try out there, Mengel pass is the roughest part of Goler, Isham well I can't speak for everyone but if you want a challenge I think you'll find it there. I was told I could take my '3 up there but expect body damage. The original post (link) has a cherry H1 and follow up posters suggesting he can make it up Isham. It was an interesting discussion topic is why I posted it :)

Mike

LagunaH1

Same posters state that they "flopped" an H1 on John Bull in big Bear. I've run John Bull twice and don't see any reason why anyone would flop unless you do something really silly.

I say we plan a trip out that way, it's been way too long since I was out there :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Agreed, most people don't know how to wheel an H1, they are different machines. I surely don't but if I got one I'd learn from the best...you guys.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chris, if you want some seat time in an H1 on some of these trips just speak up. You are a good driver and I would turn the driver's seat over to you some if you wanted.