• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

A Rover that even I would own!!!

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Speaks for itself...

LandRover_zps7d912225.jpg

davidh3

So badass..

Unfortunately, Defenders are not available in the US.
I didn't have a chance to test drive one when I was at the LR dealership.

H3slate

Brush raked
That is a sick truck. A lot of details you could miss on the first glance. I like the window grills that can flip up or down with cut outs for the door handles.

Expendable

Poor Defender!

and yes Defenders are available in the US. are/were they from the dealer? I don't think so but I am not sure. My dad has a friend who had/has a D90 in addition to an H1.

Sethmark

The 4 Door 110" Wheelbase was available in the USA for 1993 only. The 2 door 90" wheelbase was avaiable from 93 to 97. They refused to make the car meet airbag standards and pulled it from the US market. Grey market vehicles are available readily. US Spec 90s have run the gamut in price and have settled down into the $20-30k range.

I had a good friend with one of the baddest 90s ever built. For those familiar with the Hammers Trails in Johnson Valley, CA, the 2 of us ran Sledgehammer together in 25 minutes -- its frequently a 4-6 hour +++ trail.

DSCN1189.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

skeptic

Not sure if that's the African Safari version or the Zombie Apocalypse version.... Not sure if I would want to DD it, but it's cool. I don't think I'd have the guts to do that to my truck, it's quite a commitment.

Sethmark

It was SORT of street legal. The windscreen still fit but the steering was 100% hydraulic. No fender coverage was a problem in California.

But it was still a rover frame, motor and dash.

davidh3

Poor Defender!

and yes Defenders are available in the US. are/were they from the dealer? I don't think so but I am not sure. My dad has a friend who had/has a D90 in addition to an H1.

You cannot buy a brand new ones since 1998 in the US, I got this info today.

I was looking for a brand new one when I was at the LR dealership.

The ones you saw today are 10+ years old.

Sethmark

Look a little closer. That's a 4 door truck. It wasn't even offered in the US. They only offered the 110 in a wagon for the US market and only in 1993. The Rus plate is a good giveaway.

You cannot buy a brand new ones since 1998 in the US, I got this info today.

I was looking for a brand new one when I was at the LR dealership.

The ones you saw today are 10+ years old.