• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab may 3-5

backcountryislife

Heading out to harass Neo next weekend, figured I'd check to see if anyone else might by chance be around?

I hear it's car show weekend, should be a fun time... it's been WEEKS since I've been to moab, I need my fix!! :D

Neo

Badfish
no wheelin for me , 7-11 and arches are keeping me busy. during the car show i was making 2 and 3 deliveries a day to 7-11 they have sold over 750 bundles since jeep week. they are doing as much business as my three campgrounds do combined. things slow down a little during the week but weekends are crazy.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Glad the wood business is keeping you busy Neo. You must really be going through right hands gloves now :lmfao:

JGBB04

It's funny how production can keep up in Apr & Oct when all the supervisors from corporate are around but falls behind the of rest of the year :mock:

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Well... picked up my top before Neo woke up this morning & scooted out of town... the winds of hell drove us out!!

Till then though, had a great weekend!

Rock chucker, being spotted by some H1 guys... CLEARLY the best spotters in Moab all drive H1's!

936302_4898498542370_2081439799_n.jpg

Hell's gate.. never even lifted a tire, went clean!

48069_4898492102209_1428510630_n.jpg

Rubbed a fender a tiny bit on Escalator, but no biggie. Got lucky & found a dude there that was pretty solid spotting me,

11828_4898494782276_50478406_n.jpg

One of the guys who was spotting me on rock chucker's h1, his girlfriend driving.

935248_4898499142385_1900249686_n.jpg

By two backseat spotters

935544_4898499462393_209814357_n.jpg

and after all that, last night I borrowed a dirt bike (I don't ride dirtbikes btw...) and did fins n things with another guy who had never been on a dirtbike before!!

(we're both upper level downhill bike riders, so it wasn't that odd for us, but it sure was weird riding a bike with just a helmet, neck brace & gloves... I always wear full armor even on my pedal bike.)

922864_4898949833652_913343593_n.jpg

Neo, thanks again for letting me drop top there, it was nice not having to stress about it while I was out playing!

one of these times I'm GOING to harass you into coming out to play.

backcountryislife

Bah... you're not that much farther!! You could hit up moab easy for a weekend!

Keep in mind, you could always save a few extra hours & hit US up for a weekend too!

We've got some amazing wheeling & much more enjoyable temps in the summer, ANYONE on here is always welcome to the Timberlake Family Guide Service around here!

Most of the trails are usually melted by june.

Neo

Badfish
glad you had a great time, too bad that wind blew yesterday. i wasn't sure if your top blew away or you picked it up :wink: cool pix and congrats on the Escalator.

backcountryislife

You were dead on with gate... gravy, just drove up, but I'm glad I had a spotter for escalator, toward the top it's a bit counter-intuitive from the driver's seat.

Rock chucker was fun too... that friggin thing too me about 20 minutes!!!

jakesz28

^^^^^^

Not much farther. Wow. Denver was my halfway point, almost. Its a drive to go to Moab. Two days with the kids and unless your little one sleeps the whole way I bet you need a couple extra stops too. Nut I will take you up on that offer and stop by sometime. I'm sure the wife would love to make another trip that way. I think she wants to check out some of those microbreweries in Boulder. Maybe we can get a small group together.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I wanna wheel where kaleb does in colorado...See if I can try the stuff he did and have my truck hold together. :)

jakesz28

This may need a new thread. But if your serious we should pick a week end. Late June early July and see if we have better luck. I will take the bypass and watch. Well maybe not. LOL.

backcountryislife

Within about 5 min of me I've got everything from a 2 to an 8, with lots of 4's & 5's (our ratings are a bit harder than moab ratings from what I can tell, a 6 here is tougher than a 6 there)
and within 90 minutes there's more than you'll run in 20 vacations.

I'm usually around, just give me a few weeks notice & I can take off friday as well as the weekend. Chris, I'm POSITIVE you can wheel what I do here without issues, for me it was seeing heavy trail use 3-4 times a week that did it in imo, not one or two trails.

I'm happy to get out & show folks around, and most folks meet at my house to drop doors & air down, my place is the outpost here, making me the "Neo" of my area as I'm right in the center of most of the good stuff... :wink: (minus the pony tail that is! :D )

backcountryislife

btw, for those thinking about swinging this way... while it may be 80 in Moab, and it's pretty warm here, it's still sled season not far from the trails!!

This was weekend before last right near one of the trails!
921229_4870897372358_887473597_o.jpg

902690_4870899172403_529745467_o.jpg

It'll be mid june before the trails around here are fully open, and even then we'll have some snow on the sides of the upper ones.
Supposed to snow the next 2 days here as well... welcome to summer in the mountains!! :D