• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hit a Deer This Morning With My H2!

crank

The Master Blaster!
I had a good size deer jump out in front of my H2 this morning. I T-Boned it doing 72. It all happened in a half second. When I hit it, I felt and heard a thud and thats about it. People behind me said it was a real mess.
Damage... My front license plate got bent in the shape of my bumper. Blood on and under my truck. That's it! I pictured in my head a broken grill and bent brush guard, etc. I love that Hummer! Any other car would have been a different story.

Kyle

Thats awesome!! Your right about it being any other car and it would have been a different story, i saw a car hit a deer once and the whole front end was destroyed instantly.

ArtHummer

Yea, at 72 the car would've end up totaled... You still going to have to deal with stench. Better to detail it as fast as you can...

Kyle

Yea, at 72 the car would've end up totaled... You still going to have to deal with stench. Better to detail it as fast as you can...

I agree, he should probably get out the pressure washer and spend an hour or 2 making sure everything is completely clean

Sent from the top of a mountain in my h3

crank

The Master Blaster!
You know?... I did smell something gamey when I got out of the truck this morning. Now that it is cooking some in the parking lot.
:gaah:

Expendable

sounds like you need to have one of those rotating sprinklers for lawns. put it under the truck for a few hours at least.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Not too bad. I don't know if you can see it or not. You know the front hitch hole in the bumper? The plate molded itself into the hole and bumper then imprinted the hitch cap. I could have drank a shot out of that mold. I did take some wood pieces and sandwiched the plate to pound it out. Its nice and flat again but the imprint is still there.
Not too much blood on the shield, but more under. I've have been washing it down some tonight.
I'm just amazed the size of that deer (I saw the deer's back just over the top of the brush guard when it hit) and the very minimal damage! It hit her dead center of her side. A good sized thud. A mess in the road. GREAT VEHICLE! Great Luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366075058.516935.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366075058.516935.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 199
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366075079.065035.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1366075079.065035.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 186

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
First of all welcome to "The Spilt Milk Club", my second offical member! It will forever smell just a little funky, enough to drive you bonkers.

sounds like you need to have one of those rotating sprinklers for lawns. put it under the truck for a few hours at least.
We put an aircraft wash into operation last year for our new F-35's, it's a freshwater rinse they go thru after missions over the Gulf of Mexico to help get rid of the salt. I drive a golf cart thru it about once a week just to make sure it's good to go for the jets. Probably wouldn't do any harm to run the deuce in and let it sit under the high pressure for awhile!

crank

The Master Blaster!
Do you think they would let me take a F-35 out for a spin?

By the way... Back about 10 years ago, the top lid of a gallon of Pickled Sausage popped off when the gallon jug tipped over. All the pickled juice dumped out on the (Wife's) nice new Jeep Grand Cherokee carpet. This was around summer time so the windows were closed and the sun heated things up inside. Open the door and the smell would burn your throat and make you gag. Your eyes would burn. I tried a garden hose, soap and water, everthing, but it still was super stanky. It dripped down into areas you could never get to. After about a month of trying to clean it, I finally took it to my insurance company to fix it. They replaced all of the carpet and steam cleaned the floor. To this day, my Wife will not allow any Pickled Sausage in the house or anywhere near the vehicles.
As far as milk goes.... I'm very happy it didn't happen to me. I saw your milk jug and barfed all over the floor.

for the jets. Probably wouldn't do any harm to run the deuce in and let it sit under the high pressure for awhile![/QUOTE]