• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anything going on Apr 18-21? UT area..

skeptic

Wife and I are taking an extended weekend next week, and other than not working we have nothing planned. I know it's still a bit early in the year for around here (SLC area), trails not open yet and such, but if anyone has anything going on a reasonable distance away I'm all ears. We've never been to Moab, so I suppose we could just buy a trail book and hit the road...

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Wish I could join you! There's stuff you can do on your own in Moab and funtreks.com has good books. Also might want to PM deserth3 and pch3 about any win SLC

skeptic

The wife and I have been talking about it, I think we are going to make a big loop. Hit Moab, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, a couple other spots along the way. Hopefully get in some scenic trails along the way but this is shaping up not to be an actual wheeling trip. I've also been told we will be staying in hotels instead of camping, which depending on weather and night-time temps I'm ok with.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Looking forward to seeing some pics. Sounds like a very fun & scenic trip.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Canyon de Chelly is a nice stop in that loop. Requires 4WD to get in there and you need to hire a local Indian guide (meaning you need a seat open in your truck). Only national park located and operated by an Indian reservation. Just because of the above two requirements it is a much less active park and there's some good history in those walls.