• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Shelby Raptor

Expendable

shelby-raptor-7.jpg

shelby-raptor-6.jpg

shelby-raptor-3.jpg

shelby-raptor-1.jpg
shelby-raptor-4.jpg

Shelby American has added a supercharger on top of the 6.2 liter V8 engine which Luft says delivers 575 horsepower (about 470 to the wheels by Luft’s estimate). That’s a 164 horsepower boost. In addition to the 2.9 liter supercharger, Shelby has added an exhaust system, suspension modifications, leather interior and graphics, as well as a place in the official Shelby registry.

All this will set you back $17,995, not including the $43,340 MSRP of a new Raptor, and before you start ticking off options like custom wheels, light bars and whatnot.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/shelby-...helby-raptor-its-exactly-what-you-think-it-is

Pappibri

Thats a awful lot of money, but that is a whole lotta truck... I love it...:thumbsupI want...........................

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
This is why I would rather spend my money on a Scorpion! You get what you pay for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Hmmm, familiar theme going on here......
Take a Raptor truck, remove the "Raptor" from it, bolt on a bunch of stuff to an F150 and rename it Shelby Raptor. Wouldn't it have been a lot cheaper to start with an F150, remove it's suspension parts and interior, then add a bunch of Shelby crap, and just call it a Shelby Truck?
Wait, wasn't there a Ford truck known as a Lightning at one time? Wonder why they didn't remove all things that made it a Lightning, then add a bunch of Shelby crap and call it a Shelby Lightning.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I would rather buy the raptor and take it to hennessey tuning and have them put their highest level package on it, which puts out something like 800 bhp haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ArtHummer

$60K for that truck is a bit steep, but it is nice...
One thing gets on my mind do... Can some one remind me why Hummer brand was killed???:huh:

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Messing with suspension seems like a dumb idea to me. If I'm not mistaken the creators of the shocks on the Raptor, "Fox Shocks," tuned it and if I had to guess... something tells me that Fox Shocks knows more than Shelby about off-road suspensions.

Honestly... I think this Shelby thing is pile of crap. Just a name, trying to take your hard earned money away from you.

Expendable

I would rather buy the raptor and take it to hennessey tuning and have them put their highest level package on it, which puts out something like 800 bhp haha

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't have any of my vehicles touched by Hennessey. too many things gone wrong in the past.

ArtHummer

Sure, his name is Obama, and he's the leader of the tree hugger movement. HUMMER was dead center in those bastards sights.
Bang, pow you're dead.......

Yea... but what a F:swear: wrong with a Hummer???

It is big and unnecessary?.. Isn't Raptor big and unnecessary? Most of the people that will be able to afford one will not use it for what it was build for.
It is eating allot of gas?.. Is Raptor great? 11mpg and this is just what on sticker.
What else??? Bad for environment??? How is it worst then any other cars or trucks.

Ford is building toys and GM got it hands slapped away from Hummer. But Ford was building it for ages and got allot of experience. Hummer was a brand new brand and had some little things to work out, but where did you ever seen a good quality product straight out of design room? I bet, giving it more time and they could've learn on their mistakes and polish out all kinks and bolts. It had so much potential...

Alright let me stop my ranting... At least we got something left to enjoy for... I've would've shot myself if all that we would have left with the stupid prius...
OJXXV.jpg

LoJac963

well I'm not a Ford fan by any means. I also wish Shelby would stop throwing his name all over the Ford shat. They add a few HP improvements and call it a Shelby. I mean how many "Shelby" lines does Ford have now....its a joke.

Expendable

well I'm not a Ford fan by any means. I also wish Shelby would stop throwing his name all over the Ford shat. They add a few HP improvements and call it a Shelby. I mean how many "Shelby" lines does Ford have now....its a joke.

you realize Carroll Shelby is dead right?

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Now a days , whenever I hear Ford Shelby model, the word that comes to mind is "sell-out". That is what happens when you sell your name. Eventually, it waters down a hard-earned person's legacy. The heirs continue to live off of the work of their parents/grandparents by selling the name so that they won't ever have to lift a finger and get grease on their manicured nails.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint

SolidusJ

If I could I would get the Ram Runner, I love the style and looks a 1000X times better then the Raptor. Anyway this is all wishful thinking so I really can't say much.

RamRod

If I could I would get the Ram Runner, I love the style and looks a 1000X times better then the Raptor. Anyway this is all wishful thinking so I really can't say much.

YouTube Ram Runner v. Raptor... you might change your mind....

Expendable

Here's another one:

[video=youtube;NJdILE5T_NE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NJdILE5T_NE[/video]

H3TBone

Own a Raptor. Your tune will change. Does all its supposed to and took Moab on head on. I wish the Roush or Shelby versions were available when I bought last year but 600hp would probably kill me. Cuz I'm crazy. Don't hate. No better than a greenie.

Schwarttzy

Sponsor
Own a Raptor. Your tune will change. Does all its supposed to and took Moab on head on. I wish the Roush or Shelby versions were available when I bought last year but 600hp would probably kill me. Cuz I'm crazy. Don't hate. No better than a greenie.

Did you even read the posts, most of us are upset because it feels like Shelby is just having his name slapped on the Raptor for no good reason. Honestly if you want more power, talk to companies like Kenne Bell or Hennessy that actually care about their product.

Tractordoll

I saw this truck in person at the auto show and it's really something. They ticked all the right boxes for offroading and performance as well. I also had a chance to see the ford atlas concept in person and that was also a pretty amazing truck as well though not a dedicated wheeler like the raptor. The atlas shared a lot of the raptor look and feel. I picked up Shelby literature when I was there including a brochure for the truck. It was definitely nice.

MTUH3

Roush, Hennessey, and Shelby have gone down the road of marketing to the 80-90% of the Raptor owners that will never put them on the dirt, and I suppose that is fine.

The majority of off-roader Raptor owners would rather take that 10k and send it to Livernois Motorsports for their 500 hp NA set up, and spend the rest upgrading to 3.0 shocks and a few other goodies.

I like what Roush has done to a point though. They really offer a lot of other services that I never knew about and they took two of their supercharged trucks with up to the UP last January as a test and shake down run. Of the 3, I would recommend Roush hands down, as of right now.