• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 Stubby Antenna...anyone has one? & does it work?

dvl57

Saw this pic on eBay...and I was wondering if anyone owns one of these...and does it work well?

If so, where do you get one?

Thanks

stubbyantenna_zps0aba8d54.jpg

Scarsman

Sponsor
Good question. That would be great for the brushy trails we have up here. I'm also curious how well it would work compared to the OE one.

TAPDH3T

I actually cut mine down so it would have that factory look.. I did lose a little reception on my weaker channels.. But has not been a issue.. I would just lose them faster as I left town.. Not a big enough notice to cause me an issue...
abetugan.jpg

abe3udy4.jpg

Last edited:

ArtHummer

My antenna just broke of completely and I still get good reception. It gets distorted some times when i under the power lines but other then that is fine.

dvl57

I listen to XM most of the time, but I'd like to have reception for my AM channels...but getting a carwash....i have to go out and remove my factory antenna constantly.

So, when I saw this pic on eBay of that stubby antenna....it looked really good.

HUMMERDAD

Just a side note the orginal antenna is designed to go through car washes, I have been through many thinking it would get ripped off yet never does. The stubby antenna's you can get through most hummer accessary shops. I have seen it before but never that style. I too have woundered how well the reseption is with those.

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
My radio reception sucks around here with a long antenna--no way I'd chance a short one and be stuck listening to the evangelist channel only. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to the evangelists as well as everybody else, but if I listen to that all the time, well, I'm afraid that's the way I would start talking.
"Hell hath no fury like a stuck HUMMER, release the winch cable and bind the demons that hold ye!! Be gone mud!! Be gone muck!! Be free HUMMER, be free!!"

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
My radio reception sucks around here with a long antenna--no way I'd chance a short one and be stuck listening to the evangelist channel only. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to the evangelists as well as everybody else, but if I listen to that all the time, well, I'm afraid that's the way I would start talking.
"Hell hath no fury like a stuck HUMMER, release the winch cable and bind the demons that hold ye!! Be gone mud!! Be gone muck!! Be free HUMMER, be free!!"
laughing.jpg

HUMMERDAD

The antena looks great, yet I wounder if it will hold up to time. Back in the day they made that type of antena and after awhile they bent from driving and stayed that way. Some of you should remember seeing these things on teenages cars looked horrible. The price is cheep and that makes me wounder about the quality of the product. Don't need flash backs of the 90's these days.

Last edited:
I have a question, my H2 has two antennas on the top I believe, mine does not have one on the side like the one your showing! It doesn't even have an area coming out like yours to attach an antenna! Is it just certain year H2's that have it mounted there? Or do you thing mine was switched to an after market look, moving the antenna elsewhere?

Caraddict

I listen to XM most of the time, but I'd like to have reception for my AM channels...but getting a carwash....i have to go out and remove my factory antenna constantly.

So, when I saw this pic on eBay of that stubby antenna....it looked really good.
I only listen to XM...how's the stubby antenna work with XM?

SuperBuickGuy

I have a stubby antenna on my H3, the long one kept hitting/getting caught up when wheeling. The short one works just fine, in fact, I haven't noticed any loss of reception.

I would like to find a longer XM antenna because after putting my rack and lights on, it blocks the antenna.... and I have lost reception because of that.

Scarsman

Sponsor
I have a question, my H2 has two antennas on the top I believe, mine does not have one on the side like the one your showing! It doesn't even have an area coming out like yours to attach an antenna! Is it just certain year H2's that have it mounted there? Or do you thing mine was switched to an after market look, moving the antenna elsewhere?

That's a good question. My 2005 has it out the side. I highly doubt GM put an OE one on the roof. Maybe they used the in-the-windshield type on yours? My wife's Pontiac has that kind. It is kind of nice not having it sticking out anywhere. Especially when clearing snow off the car.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I can't remember whether it was just 03 maybe 04 did not have the antenna near the right side cowl. It was on the roof at the right front.

Yes Zach, that's where I think mine is located, but Scarsman, I like your idea, maybe I will install one inside my windshield, because if my factory one is the one on the top, it sucks! The music stations signal is horrible, and I know it has to be the antenna, unless for some weird reason it's the radio, because on all my other vehicles I don't have that issue!