• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

eBay FOR SALE: Four Wheeler Magazine’s “Project Trail Hugger"

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Step right up, step right up (said in a carnival huckster voice)

I've heard this truck has a pretty storied past----as in you don't want to buy it, and it would be questionable even if it was given to you. This has come up for sale in the past.

BW_Hummer H3

I don't want it!:) Just thought this was pretty cool build, but I guess there was a lot of things wrong with it? Never heard any thing bad before about it. Also no affiliation! LOL

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
This was two years ago but iirc an employee for Four Wheeler Magainize signed up to another forum when it was for sale the last time saying you did not want to buy it. That he had seen what they had done to it and that the frame was bent. Like I said this was over two years ago, so maybe Twinmill remembers better then me.

Last edited:

4speedfunk

A bent frame is the least of my worries. I can fix that! I'de be more concerned about mysterious electronic gremlins, mis-matched drivetrain parts, slipping trannys, or smoking motors. It does come with a roof rack, fender flares, brushguard, and a winch, if you're into all that. $15K is not bad if you plan to keep all the JC Whitney stuff on it.

Around here... the wheels, tires, step bars, roof rack, stupid steering wheel cover, and stock IFS would all be thrown in a pile to make room for some real mods. All that other stuff would be posted on the "Swap Meet" page. No sense paying for all that if I'm not gonna use it. The only thing I like about it is that its an Alpha Adv Pak. I'de keep the rear axle, V8, and T-case. I would rather by a wrecked one for $5K...it suits my plans better.

Hideous paint job, BTW. Looks like they wet sanded it and forgot to buff it out.

MustangGirl666

A bent frame is the least of my worries. I can fix that! I'de be more concerned about mysterious electronic gremlins, mis-matched drivetrain parts, slipping trannys, or smoking motors. It does come with a roof rack, fender flares, brushguard, and a winch, if you're into all that. $15K is not bad if you plan to keep all the JC Whitney stuff on it.

Around here... the wheels, tires, step bars, roof rack, stupid steering wheel cover, and stock IFS would all be thrown in a pile to make room for some real mods. All that other stuff would be posted on the "Swap Meet" page. No sense paying for all that if I'm not gonna use it. The only thing I like about it is that its an Alpha Adv Pak. I'de keep the rear axle, V8, and T-case. I would rather by a wrecked one for $5K...it suits my plans better.

Hideous paint job, BTW Looks like they wet sanded it and forgot to buff it out.
Price is $28k
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dda/detail.jsp?dealer_id=100028516&ct=u&car_id=342629558