• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer H1 Underwater...Is this even possible?

ArtHummer

As long as your intake tube is out of water (you can see a tall pipe on the passenger side) and all electrical sealed good, I don't see a problem in doing that. But there will be more issues down the road with corrosion because of all the moisture in the places where it shouldn't be.

Kurt

That's a russian home made version of an H1 based on a tractor I think.

Water fording is fine in an H1 but not to that depth [the electrical system is waterproof only up until you get to the harnesses around the engine cover/doghouse].

It's good to do a service right after some serious water fording in case there's a leaky seal that ingested some water into a driveline component.

This is roughly my comfort zone for fording, it still gives you roughly a foot of oh **** room if there's a underwater terrain shift or dip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tR9P_qvCms&list=UUE3DSwQ8kcBhjXLnZFRzLFQ&index=1

I got some other videos I need to upload when myself and Art forded and drove down the Mojave river, got a nice truck wash while we crossed :)