• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Spark plugs installation

Savethereef

Hey guys think its time to get new spark plugs on my H2 I've already put about 30k miles in it. I don't know the previous owner did it. I am about to hit 100k in a while. I've done some Maintanace already. Replaced air filter and did all the differentials oil. Plan to do a break fluid flush on it. I just called my local dealer for a quote for the plugs and they said $480 to change the plugs and redo Timing belts to factory setting
Does that sound right? Sounds pretty high. I've changed spark plugs on my old Honda my self before. Is it harder on a h2? Any one have a link on a good write up for DIY?
Thanks

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
While I don't have an H2, I don't understand "redo the timing belts to factory setting". As I understand it, there's a timing chain, not belt.

Zach

Mall Crawler
The plugs retail are roughly $10 a piece. Are they also quoting to replace the plug wires also? I would recommend doing the wires also. If they are replacing the wires it might be in line for pricing. Talk to Anthony or Chris at aamco, they will take care of you

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I second the AAMCO recommendation with Anthony and Chris. Heck, I just last week I had work done in their Santa Ana shop and I live five hours away :)

Savethereef

Yeah I had Anthony do work on my rig last month on differentials and roof rack lights. Top notch work. The reason I checked with chevy dealer is that it's 2 min walk from my house. As for the wires nope not included in the quote :( guess its a bad price then. I have to go back to Anthony to wire one more light on my rack. Guess ill have him do the service too. I'm gona shop for the parts on line. Any recommendation as in source for the parts?
Need wires and plugs.

Thx

HUMMERDAD

Just thought you should know your sparkplugs are good for 100,000 miles from GM there in no tune up scheduled until after that I did not change my plugs until about 135,000 thats when I noticed a slight lung in performace. Then I put in the E3 plugs and a set of new plugwires and she run like a top again.

Savethereef

When I turn on the car on cold mornings I hear a clicking sound in the engine bay. Once it's warm it goes away I thought it might be the plugs.

Savethereef

Ok I found these on amazon ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363668703.610187.jpg
Are these the stock correct ones?
If not any one have a model or part number for the ac delco spark plug.

As for spark plug wires any difference between these two?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363668846.274243.jpg
Or this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363668858.750315.jpg

Zach

Mall Crawler
Part number for the OE plugs is 12621258. Wires there are two different ones depending on length, always used 88894394 and you are good to go. I can get them through delco if needed