• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Problem With Signature Photos

JoshuaL

NEVERENDING ADDICTION
Hey, I'm trying to upload a photo for my signature and it just won't work for me. I keep loading them from my pictures and it shows up. Then I try to load to signature and it does nothing:gaah:. Tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks JoshuaL

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
If you do your signature as a signature photo that you upload then the following restriction applies.

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller)."

However if you upload your photo to photobucket and put the link into the text of your signature then it can be larger.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Please keep in mind that the "larger" signatures are often taking 1/2 of a user's screen, if not more, making the reading the forum a difficult task. Please consider the size of your signature when posting.

Some users have already disabled viewing of others' signatures due to the challenge of trying to read the forums with large signature pics.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Good point. Is this due to file size or due to width, causing a side-to-side scroll on small screens? I'm using a 17" wide screen laptop; therefore, I have had no side-to-side size issues. I have had no problem with anyone's file size yet, even on the guaranteed faster than a snail internet speed in Moab.

Any suggestions on size? For example, mine is 9.972"(W)x4.861"(H) or in pixels 718(W)x350(H).

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Doug the issue has been with height, not width. In my personal opinion I think yours might be a bit large with the added height of the Access badge pushing it over the top. I'm on a 23" widescreen and your signature is about 1/2 the height of my browser window.