• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Marble Falls, TX Sat. March 23, 2013

Calamitygirl

Born to Wheel
We've had lots of interest but most of you are in the Central Texas area so please join us for a day of wheeling:

Where: Hidden Falls Adventure Park, Marble Falls, TX
When: Saturday March 23, 2013
Time: 9:15 AM Trail Meeting
9:30 we will hit the trails

We will start out easy so newbies can get familiar with their rigs
do some obstacles and work our way around the perimeter of the park

Break for lunch and there are some fun water hazards if you feel the urge to get your truck totally encased in mud!

After lunch we will move to more difficult trails. We are going to have great spotters in our group and veteran wheelers. The trails are designed with bi-passes at most obstacles so you will have a choice. We will not put anyone is a situation that they don't feel comfortable. Safety first!

Here's link to the park. http://hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/

Absolutely no drinking alcohol, beer or wine while on the trail or in the park.

THINGS TO BRING:

Update: OHV Sticker not required at this park! (Thank you frumaker!)

Camera, jacket, etc.

CB radio! It saves lots of time so the lead doesn't have to stop and walk back to each truck. You can get a hand held on line for about $40. I will have a couple of spare hand helds just in case.

Tire deflators, tire gauge
The Park has an air compressor for us to air up before we hit the road home!

We will have tools and parts for H3's on the off chance a tie rod breaks or a CV joint.

Recovery gear: tow straps, tree saver, D rings, work gloves.

These are just some of the items you will want to have if you are going to get into offroading. Most of us have recovery gear, etc, and more than happy to share so don't think you have to have all this to start out.

If you have any friends with 4x4s they are welcome as well.

Please post up if you are going to join us!

Last edited:

frumaker

You don't need an OHV sticker for this park. Just pay the money to get in and if you pay in cash it's cheaper.

I know Bonnie and I are in and I'm sure Chris. Last time Chris and I hit some level 4 and 5 stuff and the H3's did amazing. So anyone that wants to push the limits a little, we are down. There will be multiple winches there are a lot of straps and chains. Not as much water as of a couple weeks ago though.

FRU

rsc

We've got 3 super-sized boys (ok, teenagers) that weekend, will have to see how it goes. They may not survive the trip. ;)

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know......It is on my radar.

3.5 hour drive. Go down on a Friday afernoon. Stay in a motel Fri and Sat night....Take the long way home on Sunday.

Got straps and shackles out the wazoo, comm gear, new Nikon digital.....But no spare hard parts.

The stars will have to align properly and I need to get some things re-installed on the truck (OEM rock rails, UCP and my damn Winch/Bumper in a perfect world).

Work is the biggest issue (affects my available time to work on the truck and/or attend the event).

We are on-boarding a bunch of recently aquired assets and all of my work on those projects has to take place on weekends and off hours.

Unfortunately, I have no control over when those things have to happen and if I want to stay employed......Well, you get my drift.

So....it is my usual lament.

I'll just have to see as we get closer to the event date.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Easy for you to say.

I have never had a straight 9-5 job in my life and this IT**** is all I know.

Lack of personal time is a major PITA, but this is how I keep from living in a refrigerator box under a bridge, eating road-kill and drinking ditch water.

I do recover a lot of the time I put in on weekends, but itis always middle of the week ****. Not useful to me at all really as far as recreational pursuits go.

I just have to play the cards I am dealt.

Last edited:

bendyprissy

If I can swap my work night of the 22nd for someone's 19th then hubby & I are in! And this time I will bring the patch & stop when I'm ahead. We had a blast last time. You guys were great.

*Unless you guys would be up to swapping that day for the previous weekend, the 16th, then that would make it a nonissue for me.*

Hubby has said he would be willing to take the hit & go without me if that's what it comes down to.

Last edited:

AFMike

New guy down in San Antonio. I've been to MF once before but not in an H3. I'll try to make this as it'll be a good chance to see how the H3 does and meet some people.

Thanks,
Mike

bendyprissy

Green1, are you going to be able to make this trip? I love your nickname & told Lincoln I was gonna come up with one for him but I only got as far as Linky Dinky. Perhaps everyone can give suggestions...hehe...he's gonna kill me. :rofl:

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Green1, are you going to be able to make this trip? I love your nickname & told Lincoln I was gonna come up with one for him but I only got as far as Linky Dinky. Perhaps everyone can give suggestions...hehe...he's gonna kill me. :rofl:

Does not look good for me. I have a lot still to do on my truck and I am spending more than I wanted to be ready for this trip and to move my daughter back from Colorado. I really think Yellow 2 would be a good nick name. He may kill me too. :)

rsc

I'm still undecided as of yet, stuff still going on that has to be taken care of first. If I can put it off for a couple of weeks then I'm still in for Marble Falls.

I am thinking about a Big Bend trip this fall, its way too hot down there between Memorial Day and the 1st of October to even think about! The Terlingua Chili Championship is the first week of November, right? Might have to plan around that!