• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Big Bear snow run Saturday Feb, 23 2013

Zach

Mall Crawler
I have put this off for a few days waiting to see if we would actually get the snow they predicted. We have over a foot of snow in Big Bear now. We will be running some of the fire roads on the backside of Gold Mountain and leading up to John Bull and possibly Jacoby Canyon. For the most part these trails will are not that difficult, but with snow they are a lot of fun.

Meeting Spot: We will be meeting at 9:30 at the Big Bear Discovery Center on the North Shore of Big Bear Lake. The Discovery Center is located at 40971 North Shore Dr. (which is Hwy 38) in the town Fawnskin, which is just on the north side of Big Bear Lake across the water from the town of Big Bear.

Bring plenty of warm clothes, Highs might be in the 40's

If anybody wants to meet for breakfast, I will be up in Big Bear around 8:00 am. The Log Cabin 39976 Big Bear Blvd

If anybody wants to caravan up, we can coordinate that.

Communications: CB Channel 37

Attendance
Zach - H2
Jrwid - JK rolling on 37's now
H3-ing -H3 part of the run

Possible
06 H3

Last edited:

Expendable

unfortunately I am out.

I believe my crankshaft pulley needs replacing and am putting the least amount of run time on her.

Sircode13

Can't make this my body just doesn't like SNOW and COLD, even with gloves fingers lose circulation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I have 9 family members coming in from NY for the weekend. If I can convince one of them to go I'm in if not I will be hanging around with them...

Zach

Mall Crawler
I have 9 family members coming in from NY for the weekend. If I can convince one of them to go I'm in if not I will be hanging around with them...

They might be glad to get rid of you for a day :lmfao: Sorry Chris, couldn't resist

H3-ING

AdventureTime
Zach,
Will be up in Big Bear this weekend with the family.

I can sneak out for a few hours Saturday morning, can't pull off a full day.:shifty:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Glad you can make it for part of it Rob. Looking like a small group but should be fun

Zach

Mall Crawler
John and I just got to dinner. Excellent day on trail. Covered a lot of trails. Met up with two guys from expedition portal that ran with us. Will post pics and report tomorrow