• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone have a PA loud speaker Inatalled in the Hummer?...

JonBishop

I'm gonna be installing my CB and I seen I can hook up a PA loud speaker to it.... Just thought about it for alil an would be kinda fun having one :) hahaha only other problem is where would I put the speaker?...

Ron46

Capt.
I have a pa speaker hooked up to my truck. heres a pic of where i mounted it 574633_10200479322562700_1956039186_n.jpg

Expendable

I plan on installing a 100W siren speaker designed for Police/Fire on my truck. in addition a siren control unit for the electronic air horn and PA function. more expensive. but louder and proven durable. plus the speakers are more compact.

ms100.jpg

Warning: this may and probably is illegal to install a siren system in your vehicle in your area and or areas you travel to. please look into the possible legal situations that may arise from installation of such products.

another downside with this is this adds another electronic device and another microphone on top of your HAM/CB unit.

hockeymanam

so people always told me that an 8watt speaker would sound the same as a 50 watt speaker due to the cb only puts out 8 watts. Well there WRONG!! i bought the cheap 15$ 10 watt speaker and you could barely here it!! I then went to radioshack and bought a 45$ 50 watt speaker and it was easily 3 times louder! I do not understand electronics to that extent but My friend with a taco did the same thing and got the same results! And for a range of how loud i can roll down the highway around 50mph and cars next to me can here it which makes driving that much more fun!! as for location i dropped it behind my grill upside down and painted it black! it was the only space it would fit under my hood even with the 5cyl.