• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

09 H3T Adventure Alpha in Texas

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
No affiliation but close enough I can go look if anyone is interested. Truck is at FreedomChevroletDallas.com It is solarflare with factory offroad Roof Lights and looks great.
72000 miles . 22991.00If I had room I would buy it.

SkinGripz

Hello,

New here, as I just stumbled across this forum. The Solar Flare H3T you are referring to is no longer available, as it's sitting in my driveway right now...

Been looking for about 3 years, and every time I found one, I'd call and be told it had sold. Finally got to be the guy it sold to.

She's a 2009 Solar Flare (Detonator Orange) H3T with every option they had available to my knowledge. Carfax shows an accident right front with a light pole, and it broke a plastic bumper clip. No bolts have been turned at all. Kinda ticked me off to have a mark on the carfax for a cheap plastic bumper clip, but part of the reason I got her as reasonably priced as I did.

Front was sitting on the bumpstops and literally deformed them, and traction failed light was on, so torsion lifted to about 23.75, pulled battery to reset, and now looks mean with no idiot lights. Pissed her off when I pulled the battery, as she threw a three hour fit in her "Dont steal me" mode apparently. Got her started and made new key and remote at the dealership. I think the only key I got with her was a valet type aftermarket key, and her theft system got ticked for a bit.

would love to know the numbers in Texas. The net is crawling with multiple production figures that vary from 945 to about 4000 made in 2009. I know most the 2010 were the Avis order. By my estimates, there cant be more than 3 or 4 more like mine in the state.

anyways, howdy,

mike
SkinGripz

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on the purchase.

What plans you got for future mods?

You gonna address the chrome in any way or just leave it?

SkinGripz

Much thanks for the warm welcome folks !

Been a member on the "Other" site for a couple years, as I have a 2007 H3 as well. Pretty familiar with the basic workings, though stuff like the seat belt chime still have me bothered. And before someone says it, yes, I always wear my seatbelt on public roads, but living on a 1,000 acre horse ranch, I dont wear it to mend fences, check livestock, shoot snakes and coyotes, and the hundred other things that have me jumping in and out every day.

Gunner, i kinda like the chrome for now, and plan to keep it at the moment as everything is in great shape. Came with brand new 33's and though my 07 has 35's, the H3T looks great with the shoes she has and combined with the v8 gas mileage, I'm inclined to keep the 33's at the moment.

Gonna put my POW/MIA plate on the front, and may have a partial wrap done for my company skingripz.com dont know yet.

Much thanks guys, and look forward to being an active member here.

mike

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry about the chrome question....It was hard to tell its condition from the Dealer's pictures.

Looked like one of the rear bumper letters was missing and some of the other stuff looked odd.

Had to have been the photos, light or reflection.

Next to black, that orange has to be my second favorite color.

BTW: I think I may just have to swap out the Pachmayrs on one of my 1911's for a set of Tac IIs.....Those things are sweet.

SkinGripz

Sorry about the chrome question....It was hard to tell its condition from the Dealer's pictures.Looked like one of the rear bumper letters was missing and some of the other stuff looked odd.Had to have been the photos, light or reflection.Next to black, that orange has to be my second favorite color.BTW: I think I may just have to swap out the Pachmayrs on one of my 1911's for a set of Tac IIs.....Those things are sweet.
No worries on the chrome. It is missing the "U" on the rear, but ordered a new set. The r front door handle had the small piece missing, new one installed already for $7.00 from GM Parts (Ebay) 30 second job. All else looks sweet.Thanks for the kudos on our TAC II's. They have been very popular, and part of the reason I got a few cool toys. You can see lots more on ebay and amazon.May try to have some company graphics designed for the sides. Cant think of a better vehicle to advertise on !!!

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe we need to get you to design a set that incorporates the H4O or HUMMER logo on them.

:wink:

Steve #1

<snip> Pretty familiar with the basic workings, though stuff like the seat belt chime still have me bothered. And before someone says it, yes, I always wear my seatbelt on public roads, but living on a 1,000 acre horse ranch, I dont wear it to mend fences, check livestock, shoot snakes and coyotes, and the hundred other things that have me jumping in and out every day. <snip>

Deactivating the seat belt chime is a very technical process and requires a special key. OK, it's not a special key, it's the ignition key. Stick your ignition key in the seat belt slot until it clicks then pull your key out. You will need to press the release button before you can insert the seat belt. It think this works on the H3. I didn't use an adapter when I changed my stereo so I have no dinger. This information is given only for educational purposes. Seat belts should always be warn when operating a motor vehicle yadda yadda yadda....

SkinGripz

Appreciate it. I know there is a built in sequence to shut the thing up. Took me two weeks to figure it out on the H3, but forgot it, and computer it was stored on is fried. Many will say it does not exist, but it does. I did it.

was something like turn key to on, hold brake pedal down, power driver window down and up, and click seatbelt in/out 6 times. Just dont remember the specific, but my H3 does not have a chime for either belt up front and hasnt for a year and a half now.

everyone scared of getting sued, so the info isnt shared. Ended up taking the dash apart on my tundra and filling the chime with silicone to shut it up. Worked perfect, but pain to do.

i wear my seatbelt every single time I am on public roads, just like I wear a helmet on the motorcycle (though not required). I dont need a buzzer hounding me like my ex wife when I'm working on my own land though.